Re: [mill_drill] Re: Harbor Freight Mill/Drill 33686 Bearing ?

  • Arthur Marks
    Message 1 of 70 , Feb 25, 2013
      Okay, makes sense.  I would expect only an engineer could make an argument for your particular question one way or the other.  Both bearing types achieve the same thing---resisting both axial and radial loads---but with different designs.  They both create an angular bearing path through different means.  There are more or less precise levels of manufacture available for both types.  The more important factor at that point is the accuracy of the machine housing and the spindle itself in relation to the bearing accuracy.  At a certain point, any increase in bearing tolerance will go wasted for the components involved.  In short, I could make an argument either way.  It really comes down to any cost difference, your personal opinion between the two, and ease of installation.  -Arthur

    • greg.gelhar
      Message 70 of 70 , Mar 12, 2013
      • 1 Attachment
      • 250 KB
      I am not sure what your milling table looks like but would you be able to
      mount your tools on an adapter plate? I have this small vise attached to a
      3/8 steel plate. It makes for very quick angle set-ups on the mill and
      will bolt down to many of my other fixtures.