Re: Harbor Freight Mill/Drill 33686 Bearing ?

  • olds7d442
    Message 1 of 70 , Feb 25, 2013
      My mill came with two tapered roller bearings 30206p5 and 30207p5. I was thinking about switching to a angular contact ball bearing. Found ac bearings with the same dimensions (see link from my original post) as the tapered roller bearing. Don't know if it pays and if I will benefit from it. That is it in a nutshell.

      --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, Arthur Marks <arthur.marks@...> wrote:

      > Okay, I'm absolutely lost on what is actually being discussed now :)
      > radial ball bearings, angular contact ball bearings, tapered angular
      > bearings... can you even find an AC bearing that will match the seat
      > dimensions for a tapered roller bearing?? I didn't realize that was the
      > crux of the matter in this thread. I've never heard of directly swapping
      > between the two. I'm skeptical it is that simple, but who knows? Arthur

    • greg.gelhar
      Message 70 of 70 , Mar 12, 2013
      • 1 Attachment
      • 250 KB
      I am not sure what your milling table looks like but would you be able to
      mount your tools on an adapter plate? I have this small vise attached to a
      3/8 steel plate. It makes for very quick angle set-ups on the mill and
      will bolt down to many of my other fixtures.