Jet 15-18 spindle screw removal (file)

  • dana_hague
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 16, 2013
      I uploaded "how to get screw from spindle.doc" to the files section:

      <http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/GCsgUSGDmJl1wOXrCMP5vmjOJCcCQol1kW1UkaoQ2r6pMudhOC3bx3ORfnGeS715q6ttcW-U9hIkoAN7uAWOwiOh9z4KVl54/How%20to%20get%20screw%20from%20spindle.doc>

      This was sent to me by the importer when I called asking on how to access the set screws in the spindle that ride in the collet's keyway. Apparently they get asked how to do it so often that they prepared this file.

      The screw on mine was kind of shmushed (that's a technical term) making it hard to line the collet up on it. Although there's a slot in the quill (why?), you can't get to the screw from there; you have to take the spindle apart.

      When I got mine apart, it wasn't even recognizable as a screw (if that's what indeed it was). It was filed flush, and staked in place with six centerpunch marks. I drilled it out, then put it all back together without putting a new screw in.
    • Dan and Marlene Coleman
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 16, 2013

        Link did not work for me.

        Dan

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 17, 2013
          Strange... perhaps Yahoo isn't allowing direct linking any more?  Look for it in the files section, it is there.

          At 09:16 PM 2/16/2013, Dan and Marlene Coleman wrote:

          Link did not work for me.

          Dan

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 17, 2013
            Hi Dana,

            Received notifation that you posted the file on the mii_drill site - got it .  Thanks, nice job.

            Be well,
            DBN

            --
            The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that
            heralds new discoveries, is not Eureka! (I found it!) but rather,
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 17, 2013
              The reason the link does not work is Yahoo uses short term links that disappear after a few minutes, you can only access that file from the files section:

              Malcolm

              Mene, mene, tekel, upharsin
              The writing is on the wall.