Re: [mill_drill] Odd size face mill arbor?

  • Arthur Marks
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 13, 2013
      27mm is a standard size for metric face mills -- fits cutter diameters
      which are pretty large, I would think, for a machine like yours. In
      any case, difficult to find in the US. You can, but they are
      expensive. Quite cheap if you want to search German eBay for
      "WALZENSTIRNFRÄSER" if a seller will ship. Otherwise CTC Tools has
      indexable face mills to fit: http://tinyurl.com/bb6rv23 Size shown
      is OD 80mm with a bore of 27mm for that type. There are a couple
      other varieties they sell also: http://tinyurl.com/afj3237 -Arthur

      On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 12:49 PM, svsequoia_pdx <k7cej@...> wrote:
      > The really odd thing
      > is that the arbor end has a diameter of 1.0595" (26.91mm). This could be
      > either for a face mill with a 17/16" bore, or perhaps 27 mm bore. I have
      > never seen such a tool offered for sale. Does anyone have any thoughts
      > about its intended use?
    • Steve
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 13, 2013
        I don't have one of these nor am I connected with the company in any way but have heard good things about their products. This is designed to work well on lower horsepower machines.
        http://www.glacern.com/fm45