Re: [mill_drill] Odd size face mill arbor?

  • Druid Noibn
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 13, 2013
      Hi Craig,

      The G4051 are the inserts - the face mill looks to be G2861.

      You can find great deals on eBay if you are not in a hurry and look carefully at what is offered - watch out for the cost of replacement inserts.

      I haven't tried the Grizzly facemill so no testimony here other than my experiecne with them is very good so far.

      PennTool are a few miles from me.  The offering they have doesn't look to include the inserts or the arbor.

      Of the two - my bias is towards Grizzly.

      Kind regards,
      DBN

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 13, 2013
        27mm is a standard size for metric face mills -- fits cutter diameters
        which are pretty large, I would think, for a machine like yours. In
        any case, difficult to find in the US. You can, but they are
        expensive. Quite cheap if you want to search German eBay for
        "WALZENSTIRNFRÄSER" if a seller will ship. Otherwise CTC Tools has
        indexable face mills to fit: http://tinyurl.com/bb6rv23 Size shown
        is OD 80mm with a bore of 27mm for that type. There are a couple
        other varieties they sell also: http://tinyurl.com/afj3237 -Arthur

        On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 12:49 PM, svsequoia_pdx <k7cej@...> wrote:
        > The really odd thing
        > is that the arbor end has a diameter of 1.0595" (26.91mm). This could be
        > either for a face mill with a 17/16" bore, or perhaps 27 mm bore. I have
        > never seen such a tool offered for sale. Does anyone have any thoughts
        > about its intended use?
      • Steve
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 13, 2013
          I don't have one of these nor am I connected with the company in any way but have heard good things about their products. This is designed to work well on lower horsepower machines.
          http://www.glacern.com/fm45