Jet 16 Spindle Questions

  • Dustin Keys
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 12, 2013
      I decided to pull the spindle on my 1984 Jet 16 to check the bearings
      and lube it up. I got the unit used so I don't know what kind of grease
      was originally used in the spindle bearings. Anyone have suggestions of
      a good grease to use in this application?

      I'm also having trouble pulling the seal at the bottom of the spindle.
      I'm afraid I might end up destroying the seal in order to remove it.
      Has anyone found a source to purchase a new seal from?

      Lastly, When reassembling the spindle, should I grease or oil the
      outside of the spindle? The spindle seemed to have a light oil on it
      when I received it. Thanks.

      Dustin
      Portland OR
    • Corey Renner