Re: [mill_drill] Need Rong Fu 25 parts

  • Paul Zell
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 8, 2013
      Thanks Joe,

      I called Enco, they said it would be cheaper to get a new mill.  I did find the base (I think) on the Grizzly website.  $215 for a base is cheaper than a new mill, if they can actually come up with one.  The other bits I can weld.

      http://www.grizzly.com/products/g1005z/parts

      Paul

      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 11, 2013
        Hi Again Group,

        I ordered a new base for what I thought was my 1 horse Rong Fu 25 mill (Grizzly G1005Z) http://www.grizzly.com/products/G1005Z from Grizzly.  It's way too big (see photo). Then new base is appx 24x15, my old base is 20x11.  I'm wondering if anyone has the RF25 mill and what size base it has.  This new one looks like it might fit the larger 1.5 horse mill.

        Thanks,

        Paul

        jy 096.jpg

        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 11, 2013
          GDay All,

          Paul, any chance that you could purchase the rest of the components to
          suit the new Grizzly base?

          I don't think you would have too much of a problem adapting the column
          and head from the old machine to the new base.

          A piece of 1" mild steel cut to the appropriate size and bolted in place
          would do the trick there I think.

          You'd end up with a mill that had a slightly larger table and a little
          more travel.

          Or you could sell what you have as parts and use that towards a new mill.

          Good luck with it in any case.

          --
          Regards
          Andy M

          Paul Zell wrote:
          > Hi Again Group,
          >
          > I ordered a new base for what I thought was my 1 horse Rong Fu 25 mill
          > (Grizzly G1005Z) http://www.grizzly.com/products/G1005Z from Grizzly.
          > It's way too big (see photo). Then new base is appx 24x15, my old base
          > is 20x11. I'm wondering if anyone has the RF25 mill and what size base
          > it has. This new one looks like it might fit the larger 1.5 horse mill.
          >

          > Thanks,
          >
          > Paul
        • philr_77378
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 11, 2013
            Ouch.  What a disaster.  It looks like the way is wider. May I ask what happened?

            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 11, 2013
              From the looks of where it broke, repair may be possible.  Your way looks like it's still intact. Maybe brazing it togather, adding support, then true up the column mount surface.  I used to run an old CNC lathe that had the tool turrent head brazed back togather, and it did ok.

              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 12, 2013
                Thanks guys. It fell over. Detailed description too painful to elaborate. :) Yeah, thought about brazing but the new part was only $200. Guess I'll have to if they don't have what I need.

                Doesn't anyone have the 1HP RU25 they can measure the base for me? I'd like to know if I'm right before I call Grizzly.

                Thanks,
                Paul

                --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, philr_77378@... wrote:

                > From the looks of where it broke, repair may be possible.  Your way looks like it's still intact. Maybe brazing it togather, adding support, then true up the column mount surface.  I used to run an old CNC lathe that had the tool turrent head brazed back togather, and it did ok.

              • Paul
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 12, 2013

                  My fake rf 31 (enco 105-1300)   base measures   15x24 …have your tried your friendly local harbor freight store? ..they may have the smaller machine on site you can measure ..good luck paul

                • Mar
                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 27, 2013
                    Mine is 11 1/2 x 20 by 2 3/8" thick.