Jet 16 DRO

  • hooya10_4
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 7, 2013
      Hiya! Long time lurker here. I have a Jet-16 drill/mill, which I've had since 1980. Now that I'm retirement age & home hobby shop frisky, I'd like to upgrade it with a DRO.
      I've noticed the 2 axis Jenix advertised at Linear Measuring Systems Company. Any feedback on them, or on the TPAC 2 axis units being advertised on Ebay?
      I actually like the functional look of the Uniq panel best, but it looks like it's only available for full sized mills. A Shumatech 375 or 550 with Jenix scales sounds attractive too. I'd really prefer to have 3 axis positional feedback anyway.
      Thanks in advance!
    • BillL
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 7, 2013
        where are you located ate with that Jet 16?
        Bill in Cincy

        --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "hooya10_4" wrote:

        > Hiya! Long time lurker here. I have a Jet-16 drill/mill, which I've had since 1980. Now that I'm retirement age & home hobby shop frisky, I'd like to upgrade it with a DRO.
        > I've noticed the 2 axis Jenix advertised at Linear Measuring Systems Company. Any feedback on them, or on the TPAC 2 axis units being advertised on Ebay?
        > I actually like the functional look of the Uniq panel best, but it looks like it's only available for full sized mills. A Shumatech 375 or 550 with Jenix scales sounds attractive too. I'd really prefer to have 3 axis positional feedback anyway.
        > Thanks in advance!

      • BillL
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 7, 2013
          where are you located ate with that Jet 16?
          Bill in Cincy

          --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "hooya10_4" wrote:

          > Hiya! Long time lurker here. I have a Jet-16 drill/mill, which I've had since 1980. Now that I'm retirement age & home hobby shop frisky, I'd like to upgrade it with a DRO.
          > I've noticed the 2 axis Jenix advertised at Linear Measuring Systems Company. Any feedback on them, or on the TPAC 2 axis units being advertised on Ebay?
          > I actually like the functional look of the Uniq panel best, but it looks like it's only available for full sized mills. A Shumatech 375 or 550 with Jenix scales sounds attractive too. I'd really prefer to have 3 axis positional feedback anyway.
          > Thanks in advance!

        • hooya10_4
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 8, 2013
            Hi, Bill. I'm in Southern California. LMSC is a short hop on the freeway to Anaheim, so that's why I was curious about them.