Re: [mill_drill] Jet spindle question

  • Dana Hague
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 31, 2013
      At 10:39 PM 1/30/2013, philr_77378@... wrote:

      I would say it's the remains of a set screw, that in my opinion should be removed and tossed away.   If you lower the quill a bit, is there a slot?  I don't have that exact model, but I can access that screw on mine through the quill slot if I orient the spindle by hand.  There may be two stacked together to lock the position on the dog pointed one. Remove the locking one, then turn the other one until it falls out through the spindle hole.   I don't use them myself, but others may want to replace it.

      There is a slot in the quill, but no set screw visible through it as I rotate the spindle.  Not sure what the slot is for, them.  Perhaps it's under the lower clamp that holds the depth stop; I'll check that next.