Re: new article:A Possible ShumaTechR 350 with 550 Daughterboard Power Up

  • Kellogg Dave
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 28, 2013

      Hi Rick,

      This new article may be worth posting to the ShumaTech group.  Just a thought.

      Dave Kellogg

      Confidentiality Notice:The preceding e-mail message (including any attachments) contains information that may be confidential, protected by applicable legal privileges, or constitute non-public information. It is intended to be conveyed only to the designated recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender by replying to this message and then delete it from your system. Use, dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this message by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be unlawful.

    • Rick Sparber
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 28, 2013
        Dave,

        That is not possible. I was banned from that BBS shortly after the 550 came out. That is why I blasted it to so many other machining BBS. Even mentioning me on the ShumaTech BBS can get you banned.

        Rick

        On Jan 28, 2013, at 3:35 PM, Kellogg Dave <dave.kellogg@...> wrote:

        Hi Rick,

        This new article may be worth posting to the ShumaTech group.  Just a thought.

        Dave Kellogg

        Confidentiality Notice:The preceding e-mail message (including any attachments) contains information that may be confidential, protected by applicable legal privileges, or constitute non-public information. It is intended to be conveyed only to the designated recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender by replying to this message and then delete it from your system. Use, dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this message by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be unlawful.

      • Malcolm Parker-Lisberg
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 28, 2013
          Yep, Rick is correct, happened to me !

          Malcolm

          Mene, mene, tekel, upharsin
          The writing is on the wall.

          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 29, 2013
            I received a reprimand.

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 29, 2013

              I knew of Malcolm’s “evil” ways but did not realize you were punished too. What did you do to warrant a reprimand?

              Rick

              From: Malcolm Parker-Lisberg <mparkerlisberg@...>
              To: "mill_drill@yahoogroups.com" <mill_drill@yahoogroups.com>
              Date: Monday, January 28, 2013, 7:47 PM

              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 29, 2013
                Hi Rick,

                It was some time ago and I don't remember the trigger point.  Also recall around the same time there was an issue with Wildhorse Innovations on the 350 offerings - a business deal that didn't go well...

                What I do recall were comments on how the relationship between the two of you soured, etc...  My response was akin to… I was addressing the issue at hand and that it would be inappropriate of me to intervene in the discussion or relationship between the two…

                As is probably clear to some, I have no evil intentions against anyone in the groups I am a member of.  If the situation changes, e.g., rudeness in particular, and unfair practices, I say goodbye.

                I coined a phrase or mantra that does me well "Help the person stay or help them leave, in either case, help them."

                Kind regards,
                DBN

                From: Malcolm Parker-Lisberg <mparkerlisberg@...>
                To: "mill_drill@yahoogroups.com" <mill_drill@yahoogroups.com>
                Date: Monday, January 28, 2013, 7:47 PM

                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 29, 2013
                  Wow, what a discussion. And I have two unbuilt in the boxes they came in, waiting for "the day.''  I will have to proceed carefully.

                  From: Malcolm Parker-Lisberg <mparkerlisberg@...>
                  To: "mill_drill@yahoogroups.com" <mill_drill@yahoogroups.com>
                  Date: Monday, January 28, 2013, 7:47 PM

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 29, 2013
                    Hi,

                    Build away - no evil here. There was a bit of a spat and some bad feelings developed. Everyone has a side to a story, and while my side is always correct, others might not see it that way <smile>

                    Let's go forward - the '350 has a known history - the suggested mods will address the issues at hand. Back (1970s) when I designed PCBs (hand tracing) I did make a few errors and one that created a problem with a customer was the lack of a ground-plane. I was lucky - the boss made that PCB tracing.

                    The '350 was a great item and offering - inexpensive and lead to many folks doing things they only dreamed of earlier.

                    Be well,
                    DBN

                    From: Malcolm Parker-Lisberg <mparkerlisberg@...>
                    To: "mill_drill@yahoogroups.com" <mill_drill@yahoogroups.com>
                    Date: Monday, January 28, 2013, 7:47 PM

                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 30, 2013

                      RedfieldRH,

                      The 350 is a very good instrument and well worth the time to build and install. The fact that it is “mature” means that most of the bugs have been worked out of it. I do encourage you to make the ground wire change while building it. This mod should greatly reduce your scale jitter.

                      Rick

                      From: Malcolm Parker-Lisberg <mparkerlisberg@...>
                      To: "mill_drill@yahoogroups.com" <mill_drill@yahoogroups.com>
                      Date: Monday, January 28, 2013, 7:47 PM

                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 30, 2013
                        Thanks, all. My faith is restored. Soon X-Y coordinates will be streaming forth. DBN, I've always found "your side" to be correct!

                        Rick R

                        From: Malcolm Parker-Lisberg <mparkerlisberg@...>
                        To: "mill_drill@yahoogroups.com" <mill_drill@yahoogroups.com>
                        Date: Monday, January 28, 2013, 7:47 PM