Power feed Pendant

  • danmauch
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 15, 2013
      I have customer owns a machine shop. He has an expensive Optical Comparator (OC) that has some bad XYZ stepper motor control problems. He asked me if I could come up with a control unit that would run his OC. I will post a picture of the pendant that I made for him. It has some nice features in that it plugs directly into the G540 (not included. It has a XYZ slector switch for selecting the desired axis. It has a mode select switch to select fine movement with the encoder or use with the internal pulse generator for rapid movement.Use the speed control pot to vary the speed. Each axis sdirection is is reversable. Simply select the mode
      I see that this could be used with Mill-Drills as a slectable XYZ control unit where cnc is not required. It plugs in directly to a Geck G540 control box.

      Dan Mauch
      www.Camtronics-cnc.com
    • smiling_man_us
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 18, 2013
        Hello Dan,

        I am still learning about CNC control of mills so, I am not sure exactly what you have done.

        If I understand correctly, you built a pendent that plugs into the
        Gecko G540 3 axis driver controler.

        With this pendent, your customer can control his 3 axis' without the need of a computer.

        Is my assumption correct?

        Is the Gecko controler installed in the box shown in the pictures you posted?

        Donald

        --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, dmauch@... wrote:

        > I have customer owns a machine shop. He has an expensive Optical Comparator (OC) that has some bad XYZ stepper motor control problems. He asked me if I could come up with a control unit that would run his OC. I will post a picture of the pendant that I made for him. It has some nice features in that it plugs directly into the G540 (not included. It has a XYZ slector switch for selecting the desired axis. It has a mode select switch to select fine movement with the encoder or use with the internal pulse generator for rapid movement.Use the speed control pot to vary the speed. Each axis sdirection is is reversable. Simply select the mode
        > I see that this could be used with Mill-Drills as a slectable XYZ control unit where cnc is not required. It plugs in directly to a Geck G540 control box.
        >
        > Dan Mauch
        > www.Camtronics-cnc.com

      • smiling_man_us
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 18, 2013
          Dan,

          Did you use a manual pulse generator in the pendent? (google, reluctantly, on my part, my friend)

          Donald
          --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, dmauch@... wrote:

          > I have customer owns a machine shop. He has an expensive Optical Comparator (OC) that has some bad XYZ stepper motor control problems. He asked me if I could come up with a control unit that would run his OC. I will post a picture of the pendant that I made for him. It has some nice features in that it plugs directly into the G540 (not included. It has a XYZ slector switch for selecting the desired axis. It has a mode select switch to select fine movement with the encoder or use with the internal pulse generator for rapid movement.Use the speed control pot to vary the speed. Each axis sdirection is is reversable. Simply select the mode
          > I see that this could be used with Mill-Drills as a slectable XYZ control unit where cnc is not required. It plugs in directly to a Geck G540 control box.
          >
          > Dan Mauch
          > www.Camtronics-cnc.com

        • Dan Mauch
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 19, 2013

            Yes that is correct. You can control the XYZ axis without a PC. The encoder is for fine control and the pulse generator is for rapid movement.

            No the G540 is not in the box. The cable in the picture attached to my g540 control box with power supply.

            Dan

            Dan Mauch

            www.camtronics-cnc.com

            dmauch@...

            Stepper and servo motors

            Kits, assembled and custom CNC using Gecko products.

          • Dan Mauch