RE: [mill_drill] It was a GEAR, where to buy new one

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 14, 2013
    • 1 Attachment
    • 724 KB

    I think Horror Freight has a parts ordering department, not a parts department.

    There’s been 6 or 8 times I’ve attempted to get parts from ‘em, and I always got the “6 to 8 weeks” story. Having heard so many tell about 6 to 8 weeks turning into 6 to 18 months, I’ve never bothered ordering a part from ‘em. I either get ‘em somewhere else, or usually, I build my own.

    Last part I needed, was a trigger for my 5” sander. http://www.harborfreight.com/5-high-speed-air-sander-68739.html

    Cheapy little plastic thing, that broke when I dropped it. Oops.

      First off, the trigger cost more than I paid for the whole enchilada….and they didn’t have the whole enchilada in stock either.

      And….I got the normal “6-8 weeks” story for just the trigger. They couldn’t tell me on the sander, as it wasn’t in the catalog any longer, although it’s back now.

    We are machinists after all, or at least wannabee machinists…..so I built one. Piece of scrap 6061, traced out and free handed with an endmill, drill one hole, and a little smoothing out with a Dremmel & a butterfly, and the $9.99 sander was better than new. It ain’t rocket science.

    Don’t know about you guys, but I’m not gonna wait 2 months for parts for much of anything.

    Bill