Re: [mill_drill] Re: new article: Making A Nice Looking Project Box

  • philr_77378@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 22 , Jan 2, 2013
      You might try some of the smaller employers.  Some of them appreciate more experienced (code for older) workers.
      Older workers often turn out to be more dependable with better attitudes, and a "lifetime of learning" comes in handy at resource challenged small businesses.  Short side of the deal is fewer employer supplied "benefits" and lower pay than the larger corporate types.  Places where you apply to the actual owner will get you more chances than the "Human Resources Department" at XYZ Corp.  Human Resources people seem more concerned  about having someone "fit the culture"(same age as other employees) and who are "building the career" (ambitious).  Many small business owners are older themselves and may identify with you on a personal level more if you are close to his age.  All this is said, assuming you are near a place with plenty of economic activity.  I live near Houston TX, and the economy is down but not desperate here at this time.  Oh yeah, maybe some of them will have a bit of work for your mill from time to time.
      Phil R