Re: [mill_drill] Re: Need some advice

  • Druid Noibn
    Message 1 of 21 , Dec 27, 2012
      Hi Jerry,

      Sounds about right to me also.

      Kind regards,
      DBN

      --- On Thu, 12/27/12, Jerry Durand <jdurand@...> wrote:

      From: Jerry Durand <jdurand@...>
      Subject: Re: [mill_drill] Re: Need some advice
      To: mill_drill@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, December 27, 2012, 5:11 PM

      On 12/27/2012 01:57 PM, Druid Noibn wrote:
      Of course, adding a rpm readout to the spindle itself is probably a good call - they are really cheap today.

      Final point - how crtical is the rpm for what we traditionally do?  Is "Low, Medium & High" good enough - whatever the designations mean?  Just a thought and more rhetorical than not.

      For RPM I bought one of the cheap laser tachometers and put the reflective tape on the spindles of both mills and my lathe.  One low cost device for all machines.

      As for speed, except for the CNC mill I find I set the other speeds by taste or something...as in "this seems right".
      tel: +1 408 356-3886, USA toll free: 1 866 356-3886
      Skype:  jerrydurand