Re: 3 inch boring head?

  • oldplanecollector
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 19, 2012
      Thanks for the responses. I wasn't too concerned with powering the boring head, I've got a 2hp 3 phase motor and boring doesn't take much power anyway because of the relatively slow speeds & small feeds.

      The 3 inch just seemed like a more rigid tool since you have a larger dovetail slide. But I remember reading on another forum that someone said the 3 inch was too much for the mill/drill because too much vibration when in the offset position. Not knowing what they were using for a base under the mill that could be part of the problem. I had to build a new base that was more rigid since the one ENCO originally supplied with it seems like it has too narrow of a footprint.