Sheetmetal work on mill

  • mrwhiz49
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 16, 2012
      I am going to share some techniques or ideas from time to time. I have been a mechanical engineer for 35 years at more than a dozen companies and have seen a fair share of strange, interesting, amazing and clever things. I plan to show a cutter I made that will cut plastic with near optical clarity right off the mill. I will also describe a better way to use dowel pins for locating parts that go together so easily that you can drop one part onto another and the two will be so well aligned it takes an interferometer to see any play (actually there is no play just strain)

      I bought a copper housing from a company that made a plate with grooves at the fold lines and it could easily be folded into a box by hand and the corners were sharp and everything accurate. I have some pictures to show what I did. I'm sure there are tons of ways to do it but I used a 90 degree countersink to make grooves about 1/2 to 2/3 into the metal.
    • Druid Noibn
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 16, 2012
        Hi,

        Looking forward to reading your posts!

        Kind regards,
        DBN

[...]

      • Dan Mauch
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 16, 2012

          Me too.

          Dan Mauch

          www.camtronics-cnc.com

          dmauch@...

          Stepper and servo motors

          Kits, assembled and custom CNC using Gecko products.