OT Ricks Electronic Edge Finders.

  • MC Cason
    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 7, 2012
      My Daughter and I are working on the boards for Ricks Electronic Edge
      finders. We have 5 fully assembled prototypes of the Model 1 ready.
      One of which is already spoken for.

      I'm looking for 4 additional volunteers, to test the Model 1. It
      will be shipped to you at no cost, however, It's not free. Your payment
      will be a detailed description of how well it works, and the make, and
      model, of the equipment that you used it on. Please send serious
      inquiries to raccoonelectronics@...

      Rick, and I have had multiple requests for testers, but most
      everybody is looking for a Model 2. Unfortunately, those boards won't
      be ready until sometime after the first of the year.

      --
      MC Cason - Assocaite Developer - Eagle3D
      Created by: Matthias Weißer
      Message 2 of 17 , Dec 8, 2012
        Hi

        I did put in a request to be a tester in the UK but have not heard back.

        I'm not bothered which model it is as I am interested in testing the concept full stop.

        Please reply if you are prepared to ship to the UK. I am happy to cover postal charges.

        Cheers

        Jim

        Message 3 of 17 , Dec 8, 2012
          I have been trying to get someone to make one of those testers, ever since RICK

          came up with the idea!!

                            Flint Knapping;  The ART of making ammunition to suit yourself

                       "Don't  ask the question if you don't know what to do with the answer"                                                        Dallas

          My Daughter and I are working on the boards for Ricks Electronic Edge
          finders. We have 5 fully assembled prototypes of the Model 1 ready.
          One of which is already spoken for.

          I'm looking for 4 additional volunteers, to test the Model 1. It
          will be shipped to you at no cost, however, It's not free. Your payment
          will be a detailed description of how well it works, and the make, and
          model, of the equipment that you used it on. Please send serious
          inquiries to mailto:raccoonelectronics%40gmail.com

          Message 4 of 17 , Dec 10, 2012
            I could see myself paying $25.00 or so for one too!!
            If you are interested give me a call @ 801-968-4881..

                              Flint Knapping;  The ART of making ammunition to suit yourself

                         "Don't  ask the question if you don't know what to do with the answer"                                                        Dallas

            My Daughter and I are working on the boards for Ricks Electronic Edge finders. We have 5 fully assembled prototypes of the Model 1 ready. One of which is already spoken for. I'm looking for 4 additional volunteers, to test the Model 1. It will be shipped to you at no cost, however, It's not free. Your payment will be a detailed description of how well it works, and the make, and model, of the equipment that you used it on. Please send serious inquiries to mailto:raccoonelectronics%40gmail.com Rick, and I have had multiple requests for testers, but most everybody is looking for a Model 2. Unfortunately, those boards won't be ready until sometime after the first of the year. -- MC Cason - Assocaite Developer - Eagle3D Created by: Matthias Weißer http://www.matwei.de/doku.php?id=en:eagle3d:eagle3d http://developer.berlios.de/projects/eagle3d/
          • Dallas Richardson
            Message 5 of 17 , Dec 10, 2012
              I could sure use a good e-mail addy for the person that is making, and selling the tester??

[...]

            • Rick Sparber
              Message 6 of 17 , Dec 10, 2012
                Dallas,

                Assuming you are talking about the Model 2, the parts will cost about $17 not counting the circuit board. In quantity, the board is probably $1. That doesn't leave much for labor and shipping.

                Now, if you are talking the Model 1, the parts are around $3.50 and the board, in quantity is around 50 cents.

                Now, if you were a beta tester, the unit would be free as long as you report your experiences back to us.

                Rick

                Message 7 of 17 , Dec 10, 2012
                  The person that will be selling these electronic edge finders is the daughter of Mark Cason. Contact me off list for his email address.

                  Rick

                  Message 8 of 17 , Dec 10, 2012
                    Thanks guys,

                    I have my 5 testers. I'm sorry that messaging has been so spotty.
                    Due to all the storms Saturday, my internet has been down, more than
                    it's been up. Then, my satellite dish was struck by lightning Sunday
                    morning, so I have been driving 30 miles south to McDonalds, to use
                    their WiFi. With luck it'll be fixed in a couple of days.

                    Message 9 of 17 , Dec 11, 2012
                      Mark,

                      Is that 5 testers total? Just curious.

                      Rick

                      Message 10 of 17 , Dec 11, 2012
                        On 12/11/2012 04:33 AM, Rick Sparber wrote:

                        > Mark,
                        >
                        > Is that 5 testers total? Just curious.
                        >
                        > Rick

                        That's 5 testers for the Model 1. I'm working on a list of 5 testers
                        each, for the Model 1.5, and the Model 2. If everything looks good,
                        I'll add a few more testers.

                        --
                        MC Cason
                      • Dallas Richardson
                        Message 11 of 17 , Dec 12, 2012
                          Rick;
                          I am like most every one else in the fact that I do enjoy getting some thing, or anything
                          free but in the case I doubt if I would be a very good "Bata" tester because I don't know
                          what I am doing.
                          I also, don't know the difference in the two models other than the fact that one has more
                          touch down Leeds than the other..

                        • RedfieldRH@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 17 , Dec 12, 2012
                            I would be happy to be a tester. I have a 10" Sheldon lathe with tapered roller bearings, a SB 9A with bronze bearings, and an Enco Mill-Drill with ball bearings.

                            Rick Redfield

                            Message 13 of 17 , Dec 12, 2012
                              On 12/12/2012 10:52 AM, RedfieldRH@... wrote:

                              > I would be happy to be a tester. I have a 10" Sheldon lathe with
                              > tapered roller bearings, a SB 9A with bronze bearings, and an Enco
                              > Mill-Drill with ball bearings.
                              >
                              > Rick Redfield

                              Rick,

                              Right now I pretty much have everybody I need. I'm just waiting for
                              a few people to email me back.

                              --
                              MC Cason
                            • RedfieldRH@aol.com
                              Message 14 of 17 , Dec 12, 2012
                                Very good and best of luck to all

                                Message 15 of 17 , Dec 12, 2012
                                  Understood.

                                  Thanks,

                                  Rick

                                  On Dec 12, 2012, at 12:05 PM, MC Cason <farmerboy1967@...> wrote:

                                  > On 12/12/2012 10:52 AM, RedfieldRH@... wrote:
                                  >>
                                  >> I would be happy to be a tester. I have a 10" Sheldon lathe with
                                  >> tapered roller bearings, a SB 9A with bronze bearings, and an Enco
                                  >> Mill-Drill with ball bearings.
                                  >>
                                  >> Rick Redfield
                                  >
                                  > Rick,
                                  >
                                  > Right now I pretty much have everybody I need. I'm just waiting for
                                  > a few people to email me back.
                                  >

                                  > --
                                  > MC Cason

                                • chucketn
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Dec 12, 2012
                                    I hope I'm still on the list. I have an X2 mill. I think there was to be a later version for this mill?

                                    Chuck
                                  • Rick Sparber
                                    Message 17 of 17 , Dec 12, 2012
                                      Chuck,

                                      Although my LEEF (Lathe Electronic Edge Finder) was designed to solve the problem of detecting touchdown on a lathe, it will work on a mill. However, you can already buy a low tech EEF that is just a simply continuity tester. That cirdcuit fits inside a tool that goes into the spindle. My intension is not to compete with it.

                                      The advantage of using the LEEF on a mill is that you can leave the end mill in place. The challenge comes in when the reference surface is thinner than one wrap of the flute. For example, if your end mill flute takes 1/2" to wrap all the way around but your reference surface is 1/8", then you might have the end mill rotated in such a way that it misses the flute all together and hits the body. You can change out the end mill for a piece of drill rod but at that point, why not just use the low tech EEF?

                                      The one place where the LEEF does work well with any end mill is when detecting touchdown on the Z axis. I have a YouTube video on that one. Search on rgsparber1.

                                      Questions?

                                      Rick