Just how thick is oil?

  • Tom P
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 2012
      Folks - I got a new Grizzly G0619 a few weeks ago. After cleaning all of
      the shipping grease off of it, I promptly coated all the bare metal with
      either way oil or Boeshield.
      I am getting close to being ready to tram it, and I started thinking,
      "Should I clean the oil off where my indicator is going to ride?" Just
      how thick is that film of oil?

      Thanks,

      TomP
    • Carl Hollopeter
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 4, 2012
        Tom,
           Not sure how thick way oil is or if you could even measure the without and with difference with an indicator. However to be on the safe side I always use WD-40 as a cleaner before tramming and spray a thin film of it for the indicator tip to ride in. If there is any appreciable offset it will be on all sides and should cancel out.

        Carl H