Re: [mill_drill] Jet-15 Mill/drill?

  • Tom P
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 13, 2012
      The manual is right there on Jet's website, about halfway down:

      http://www.jettools.com/us/manufacturing/en/service_support/manuals.html

      TomP

      On Fri, 14 Sep 2012, someone.jeff wrote:

      > I just acquired a Jet-15 Mill/Drill, it appears to be rather old. The motor is rated at 1/2HP. Not sure what year this model is, is there a plate somewhere on this mill/drill that will give this information?
      >
      > I've been searching all over for some kind of manual for it and came up dry. I would like to do a clean up and perhaps a disassembly of this thing.
      >
      > Any ideas? comments?

    • Tom P
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 13, 2012
        I'll even save you the time of searching... here's a direct link to the
        manual:

        http://content.wmhtoolgroup.com/manuals/350017_man.pdf

        TomP

        On Thu, 13 Sep 2012, Tom P wrote:

        > The manual is right there on Jet's website, about halfway down:
        >
        > http://www.jettools.com/us/manufacturing/en/service_support/manuals.html
        >

        > TomP
        >
        > On Fri, 14 Sep 2012, someone.jeff wrote:
        >
        >> I just acquired a Jet-15 Mill/Drill, it appears to be rather old. The motor is rated at 1/2HP. Not sure what year this model is, is there a plate somewhere on this mill/drill that will give this information?
        >>
        >> I've been searching all over for some kind of manual for it and came up dry. I would like to do a clean up and perhaps a disassembly of this thing.
        >>
        >> Any ideas? comments?

      • someone.jeff
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 13, 2012
          I was just in the process of uploading photos!

          They are located in Folder: Jet-15 Mill/Drill

          --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "someone.jeff" <someone.jeff@...> wrote:

          > I just acquired a Jet-15 Mill/Drill, it appears to be rather old. The motor is rated at 1/2HP. Not sure what year this model is, is there a plate somewhere on this mill/drill that will give this information?
          >
          > I've been searching all over for some kind of manual for it and came up dry. I would like to do a clean up and perhaps a disassembly of this thing.
          >
          > Any ideas? comments?

        • someone.jeff
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 13, 2012
            I am looking into perhaps modifying it, CNC control? Tighting up the back lash, cleaning and lube it well, DRO?

            --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "someone.jeff" <someone.jeff@...> wrote:

            > I just acquired a Jet-15 Mill/Drill, it appears to be rather old. The motor is rated at 1/2HP. Not sure what year this model is, is there a plate somewhere on this mill/drill that will give this information?
            >
            > I've been searching all over for some kind of manual for it and came up dry. I would like to do a clean up and perhaps a disassembly of this thing.
            >
            > Any ideas? comments?

          • someone.jeff
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 13, 2012
              Thanks for the quick response and the links, however, that manual looks like the newer version, this one is really old, perhaps circa 1986?

              My table only has three slots amongst other differences, I would like to be able to tear this mill/drill down and do a cleaning/lube job.

              --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, Tom P <tomp@...> wrote:

              > I'll even save you the time of searching... here's a direct link to the
              > manual:
              >
              > http://content.wmhtoolgroup.com/manuals/350017_man.pdf
              >

              > TomP
              >
              > On Thu, 13 Sep 2012, Tom P wrote:
              >
              > > The manual is right there on Jet's website, about halfway down:
              > >
              > > http://www.jettools.com/us/manufacturing/en/service_support/manuals.html
              > >

              > > TomP
              > >
              > > On Fri, 14 Sep 2012, someone.jeff wrote:
              > >
              > >> I just acquired a Jet-15 Mill/Drill, it appears to be rather old. The motor is rated at 1/2HP. Not sure what year this model is, is there a plate somewhere on this mill/drill that will give this information?
              > >>
              > >> I've been searching all over for some kind of manual for it and came up dry. I would like to do a clean up and perhaps a disassembly of this thing.
              > >>
              > >> Any ideas? comments?

            • Tom P
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 14, 2012
                Here is the manual for the Jet-16. I can't imagine it is much different
                from the Jet-15 manual. As you will find, it's not exactly a very
                detailed booklet.

                http://asavage.dyndns.org/Jet-16/display1.php?Path=Manual_1&db=Jet-16&table=Manual_1&Page=002

                TomP

                On Fri, 14 Sep 2012, someone.jeff wrote:

                > Thanks for the quick response and the links, however, that manual looks like the newer version, this one is really old, perhaps circa 1986?
                >
                > My table only has three slots amongst other differences, I would like to be able to tear this mill/drill down and do a cleaning/lube job.
                >

                > --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, Tom P <tomp@...> wrote:
                >>
                >> I'll even save you the time of searching... here's a direct link to the
                >> manual:
                >>
                >> http://content.wmhtoolgroup.com/manuals/350017_man.pdf
                >>

                >> TomP
                >>
                >> On Thu, 13 Sep 2012, Tom P wrote:
                >>
                >>> The manual is right there on Jet's website, about halfway down:
                >>>
                >>> http://www.jettools.com/us/manufacturing/en/service_support/manuals.html
                >>>

                >>> TomP

              • sapperd06
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 14, 2012
                  Nice machine. I really like the stout ways on the front to back axis. They must be 12-14 apart allowing good loading capabilities and precision in a compact machine.

                  Don

                  --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "someone.jeff" <someone.jeff@...> wrote:

                  > I just acquired a Jet-15 Mill/Drill, it appears to be rather old. The motor is rated at 1/2HP. Not sure what year this model is, is there a plate somewhere on this mill/drill that will give this information?
                  >
                  > I've been searching all over for some kind of manual for it and came up dry. I would like to do a clean up and perhaps a disassembly of this thing.
                  >
                  > Any ideas? comments?

                • someone.jeff
                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 14, 2012
                    I've noticed that this machine has square ways, not the common dovetail ways. I've seen a square bar that is only on one side and it has an adjustment(?) on one end, not sure how these type of gibs are adjusted? Are they tapered?

                    I'm trying to figure out how to remove the x/y tables for my initial cleaning and lubing amd perhaps lead screw replacements for possible CNC conversion.