surprise at the fast food outlet

  • Phil Waller
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2012
      The comment about the 'wrong order' made me think of an incident years
      ago at my Dairy Queen. We had just had a massive blizzard [a NC storm as
      bad as any I saw in 26 years in Maine]. We were the only food serving
      store open on a 10 mile stretch of highway. I was out with my old
      'blizzard beater' 4x4 pickup delivering groceries, diapers,
      prescriptions, etc. to people who could not get out. I guy comes in and
      orders a hamburger. One of my great little 16 year old girls said, "I'm
      sorry we ran out of hamburger and our delivery truck is snowed in 40
      miles away on a closed interstate. I can make you a hot dog, a grilled
      chicken or fried chicken sandwich, BBQ sandwich, a chili dog, fries or
      any of our ice cream treats."

      The jerk screamed at her for a couple of minutes before he walked out
      slamming the door. She smiled through her tears and waited on the next
      customer. I only wish I had been there so I could have followed him
      outside to 'thank him for his kindness.'

      Phil
    • Brad Bonhoff
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 31, 2012
        I had a similar incident a long time ago when I was a manager of a parts store.  A customer came in and had asked for a transmission filter for a Chevrolet 200R4 transmission.  There was a revision made that you used a 700R4 filter in its place.  He comes back in after an hour or so and begins to berate every employee he can find in the store.  The parts girl was crying and a very good friend who was a part time employee from the military was asking him to calm down.  I came out and asked him if he would like a filter from the dealer that was a block up the road.  He assured me that it would look different than what I gave him.  It comes in and looks exactly the same.  I then called a transmission shop and had them explain to the gentleman that we were selling him the correct part. After an hour of arguing I asked him if he would like to drive to the transmission shop and I would pay to have him shown how it is put in.  He explained then to me that his vehicle was apart in our parking lot.  I smiled to myself and showed him the very large sign he parked in front of that said no repairs in the parking lot or vehicle will be towed.  As the rollback was pulling into the lot he was frantically trying to pour trans fluid in to leave.  I waved to him as he pushed his vehicle into the road to avoid being towed.  And he still was after the police tagged it for a stranded vehicle.  Sometimes you win the little battles.