Re: 80 db max

  • ed1366
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 31, 2002
      Marv,
      I have some experience replacing v-belts with toothed flat belts.
      The latter has much greater strength so you can get buy with a
      smaller belt and I agree, it is a much better setup. However, the
      new pulleys are very expensive and you're probably rivaling the cost
      of the vfd and motor. Now we've doubled the price of our machine.

      I'm watching for a nice US motor because I'm a vibration fanatic but
      I won't be able to justify it unless it is very cheap since my motor
      has very low vibration.

      Cheers,
      Jerry