Re: [mill_drill] updated article:A Self Compensating Electronic Edge Finder, version 5 [1 Attachment]

  • Rick
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 30, 2012
      Mark,

      Looks much better. I'll still do a full audit. I will also be changing a few resistor values in order to reduce the number of different values in the parts list.

      I still need to remove the coax and retest in my friend's shop to be sure it again works there. Then I feel comfortable having people put money into making boards.

      Rick
      rick.sparber.org

      On Jun 30, 2012, at 2:35 PM, Mark Cason <farmerboy1967@...> wrote:

      > On 06/30/2012 03:34 PM, Rick wrote:
      >>
      >> Mark,
      >>
      >> On the filled artwork I see pin 11 went to ground and not Vee. It is
      >> right on the non-filled version.
      >>
      >> Rick
      >> rick.sparber.org
      >>

      > Fixed, and fixed. A fill I deleted became un-deleted, and the LED"s,
      > well, that's what I get for doing this at 3am.
      >
      > --
      > -Mark
      >
      > Ne M'oubliez ---Family Motto
      > Hope for the best, plan for the worst ---Personal Motto

    • clumsysoftballerz
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 2, 2012
        CAREFUL RICK! If you dumb it down that fast I might actually have to try it! Not very friendly with electronics. Soldering DB9 connectors is about the closest I've done to soldering a board. I'm kind of scared that doing this may ruin some of the mystery of how electronics work... but if its like a "paint by numbers" I'll have no choice but to try it.

        --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, Rick <rgsparber@...> wrote:

        > I learned last night that adding 15" of coax from circuit to probe is no good. Picks up too much noise. I also found that using a metal box is necessary. Might help to connect the box to SP2. Have not tried it yet.
        >
        > Mark, given a drilled and cut circuit board made from your artwork, it would be easy for me to write up illustratyUed instructions. The builder would only need to know how to solder through hole devices. I would show one section at a time magnified so the color code could be seen.
        >
        > Rick
        > rick.sparber.org
      • Rick Sparber
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 2, 2012
          Clumsysoftballerz,

          I grew up on Heathkit projects where were a lot like "paint by numbers"
          except no lines to color over. They really knew how to do it.

          I've written far more complex instructions than what it would take to
          assemble this EEF. We will have to see if someone steps forward and sells
          the parts and drilled board as a kit.