  • Barry Lochridge
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2011
      Second that.  I had a boring tool R8 shaft that wouldn't go in (cheap import).  I used a dremel and a file and made the groove deeper and didn't have to touch the sides.  It's been working well ever since.  If you use dykem blue or the like, you will find that it rubs on the shaft, but you had better deepen the groove first, or you'll be changing the shaft diameter for no reason and you likely won't get a "precision" shaft afterward.  Groove first, then blue!

      Barry