Re: [mill_drill] F&R Switch

  • Dennis Lancour
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 20, 2011

    Arthur, I tried the wire hookup you suggested and it worked, but could only get machine to go forward not reverse. I tried several other ideas and to no luck, so I decided to sleep on it. This morning I spent several hours with my test light and finally the lights came on, the key must be to get the jumpers in right positions. I now have the mill going both forward and reverse. I have attached a .pdf file showing the position of the jumpers and wires.

    Glenn, you were on the mark, this 3 phase switch won’t work unless a wire is added for 110 volt, and right again on wiring 220 volt to this 3 phase switch, one side will stay hot to motor even if the switch is in the off position.

    If someone knows how to put this .pdf file in the groups files please do, in hopes it may assist others in the future.

    Thanks Group

    Dennis

  • Arthur Marks
    Message 2 of 9 , Nov 20, 2011
      Dennis, glad to hear it is sorted out.  Unless I am mistaken, your
      file should now be accessible if you go to the group's homepage.
      Right under the "Post" category in the Messages folder is an
      "Attachments" category.  If you click on that, it is archived there.
      Regards,    -Arthur