Re: [mill_drill] Speeds for Spotting Drills

  • Rick Sparber
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 5, 2011
      Corey,

      Cool idea! Gotta try it.

      Thanks,

      Rick

      On Oct 5, 2011, at 12:34 PM, Corey Renner <vandal968@...> wrote:

      lay a  sheet of paper over the hole.  Allow the spot drill to tear thru it as it makes the hole.  Cures most chatter.

      cheers,

      On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 9:30 AM, Paul Howell <phowell_7@...> wrote:

      Running a the same speed as a drill bit is what I thought was correct but spotting and countersinking at the same time is what I'm attempting. The spotting bit has two flutes (maybe not enough) it looks like Rick S. is using a technique where the speed is red
    • Rexarino
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 5, 2011
        Or a thin cotton rag, if the paper doesn't solve it.

        Rex