Re: [mill_drill] Re: Metal from Amazon

  • Druid Noibn
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 30, 2011
      Hi Terry, Mark, et al.,

      It is great to hear good news about a vendor - I havn't purchased from them, but will now look into it!

      Kind regards,
      DBN

      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 1, 2011
        DBN,

        His cutting tools run less than 1/2 of retail. They are NEW and are top quality (USA). He always has 6061 (his specialty) round rod assortments (and drops) that are very reasonable and are perfect for hobbyists. He will ship one small item for as cheap as $1.99 (expedited) and combined multiple purchases for whatever the USPS flat rate is ($8 could get you 40 lbs or more of metal expedited to your door). His eBay site is well worth looking into.

        Terry

        P.S. I have no affiliation with Paul Stoner other than being a satisfied customer.

        --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, Druid Noibn <druid_noibn@...> wrote:

        > Hi Terry, Mark, et al.,
        >
        > It is great to hear good news about a vendor - I havn't purchased from them, but will now look into it!
        >
        > Kind regards,
        > DBN

      • Druid Noibn
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 1, 2011
          Hi Terry,

          Thanks for the info.  I looked at their offerings - very interesting.

          Kind regards,
          DBN

          His cutting tools run less than 1/2 of retail. They are NEW and are top quality (USA). He always has 6061 (his specialty) round rod assortments (and drops) that are very reasonable and are perfect for hobbyists. He will ship one small item for as cheap as $1.99 (expedited) and combined multiple purchases for whatever the USPS flat rate is ($8 could get you 40 lbs or more of metal expedited to your door). His eBay site is well worth looking into.

          Terry

          P.S. I have no affiliation with Paul Stoner other than being a satisfied customer.

          --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, Druid Noibn <druid_noibn@...> wrote:

          > Hi Terry, Mark, et al.,
          >
          > It is great to hear good news about a vendor - I havn't purchased from them, but will now look into it!
          >
          > Kind regards,
          > DBN

        • J.E. Caudle
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 1, 2011
            Hi All:

            My name is J.E. Caudle.  I am from the lovely mountains of West Virginia.
            I can in no way be confused with a mechanist although I would love to gain
            some skill in milling and turning.  My training comes from what I read on the
            net, the machine shop magazine subscriptions I have, and MrPete222 via youtube.

            After waiting for what seemed to be forever the PM-45M mill was delivered.
            It's been in my shop a little over two weeks.  So far the only thing I have done
            is cut a few slots in a hunk of 2x2 aluminum tube.  I did make a pair of seat
            adjuster stops for a Cessna 150.  Now I know why mechanist charge so much
            for setup...

            If you would like to see my PM-45M take a look here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQBXHthkbN8
            The video is WAY longer than it needs to be!  I finally figured out how to wire my coolant system so the
            WD-40 can will no longer be featured in my next video.

            Gods Speed,

            J.E. Caudle
            Fenwick Mt., West Virginia

            If dogs don't go to heaven when they die
            I want to go where they do when I die.

          • J.E. Caudle
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 1, 2011
              Hi Fellows,

              Here's a url for an aluminum source. http://www.onlinemetalsupply.com/  they seem to run a little cheaper
              and have a much greater verity of stock than does 6061dude.  Although 6061dude's shipping practices
              may save more money in the long run.  Check it out and see what you think...

              Gods Speed,

              J.E. Caudle
              Fenwick Mt., West Virginia

              If dogs don't go to heaven when they die
              I want to go where they do when I die.

              Thanks for the info.  I looked at their offerings - very interesting.

              Kind regards,
              DBN
              <<BIG SNIP>>

            • Michael L. Parker, M.D.

                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 3, 2011
                  Hi Dr. Parker,

                  Thanks for watching the video!  You are correct, I failed to check
                  the Y axis.  Thank you for pointing that out!