Re: [mill_drill] updated article: Laser Printing to Clean,Smooth Surfaces

  • Rick Sparber
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 30, 2011
      Goran,

      I found that the toner was too delicate to hold up to much etching. A photo sensitive resist would work better.

      Rick

      On Aug 30, 2011, at 5:00 PM, Goran Hosinsky <ea8yu@...> wrote:

      Rick,

      Could the negative - heat on method be used to etch text into brass?

      Goran
      Canary Islands

      On 2011-08-30 21:18, Rick Sparber wrote:
      Bruce,

      It does seem similar except that Parchment paper costs about $3 for 30 square feet and their kit costs $90.

      Rick

      On Aug 30, 2011, at 3:19 PM, Bruce Fairman <baf@...> wrote:

      Rick, here is a product that does what you are doing.

      --Thanks,

           bruce

      KE6OKC

      On 2011 Aug, 18, at 16:52, RG Sparber wrote:

      I have added a procedure that uses clear enamel spray as both the glue and cover for the toner. The advantage is that you get a nice clear image. The disadvantage is that the process has a bit of “art” in it and takes a certain feel to get the enamel on the surface right.

      If you are interested, please see

      http://rick.sparber.org/ttm.pdf

      Your comments and questions are welcome. All of us are smarter than anyone of us.