updated article: Laser Printing to Clean,Smooth Surfaces

  • RG Sparber
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 18, 2011

      I have added a procedure that uses clear enamel spray as both the glue and cover for the toner. The advantage is that you get a nice clear image. The disadvantage is that the process has a bit of “art” in it and takes a certain feel to get the enamel on the surface right.

      If you are interested, please see

      http://rick.sparber.org/ttm.pdf

      Your comments and questions are welcome. All of us are smarter than anyone of us.

      Rick

    • Jerry Durand
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 18, 2011
        I love the paint mixer, my wife looked over my shoulder and started laughing.  :)

        On 8/18/2011 4:52 PM, RG Sparber wrote:

        I have added a procedure that uses clear enamel spray as both the glue and cover for the toner. The advantage is that you get a nice clear image. The disadvantage is that the process has a bit of “art” in it and takes a certain feel to get the enamel on the surface right.

        tel: +1 408 356-3886, USA toll free: 1 866 356-3886
        Skype:  jerrydurand

      • RG Sparber
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 18, 2011

          Jerry,

          I know this is a mill/drill BBS but you have to admit that a lathe is a very versatile machine ;-)

          Rick

          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 18, 2011
            Yep!

            Did you see the picture of my special mill-drill-lathe?  :) :)
            http://interstellar.com/temp/Lathe/Lathe_Top_Plate/1-Drill-Tap_Headstock.JPG

            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 18, 2011

              Jerry,

              Looks like a souped up 3-1. What kinds of things do you do with it?

              Rick

                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 18, 2011

                  Jerry,

                  Nicely done.

                  Rick

                  I was just drilling the headstock to mount a steel plate on it.  That now holds my lamp and magnetic base.  :)
                  Here's the whole sequence, I took the pictures for the lathe list.
                  http://interstellar.com/temp/Lathe/Lathe_Top_Plate/

                • Malcolm Parker-Lisberg
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 19, 2011
                    Jerry

                    Looks to be much more flexible than the standard 3 in 1 lathe.

                    Malcolm

                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 30, 2011
                      Rick, here is a product that does what you are doing.

                      --Thanks,

                           bruce

                      KE6OKC

                      On 2011 Aug, 18, at 16:52, RG Sparber wrote:

                      I have added a procedure that uses clear enamel spray as both the glue and cover for the toner. The advantage is that you get a nice clear image. The disadvantage is that the process has a bit of “art” in it and takes a certain feel to get the enamel on the surface right.

                      If you are interested, please see

                      http://rick.sparber.org/ttm.pdf

                      Your comments and questions are welcome. All of us are smarter than anyone of us.

                      Rick

                    • Rick Sparber
                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 30, 2011
                        Bruce,

                        It does seem similar except that Parchment paper costs about $3 for 30 square feet and their kit costs $90.

                        Rick

                        On Aug 30, 2011, at 3:19 PM, Bruce Fairman <baf@...> wrote:

                        Rick, here is a product that does what you are doing.

                        --Thanks,

                             bruce

                        KE6OKC

                        On 2011 Aug, 18, at 16:52, RG Sparber wrote:

                        I have added a procedure that uses clear enamel spray as both the glue and cover for the toner. The advantage is that you get a nice clear image. The disadvantage is that the process has a bit of “art” in it and takes a certain feel to get the enamel on the surface right.

                        If you are interested, please see

                        http://rick.sparber.org/ttm.pdf

                        Your comments and questions are welcome. All of us are smarter than anyone of us.

                        Rick

                      • Goran Hosinsky
                        Message 11 of 12 , Aug 30, 2011
                          Rick,

                          Could the negative - heat on method be used to etch text into brass?

                          Goran
                          Canary Islands