Re: [mill_drill] Re: RongFu, RongFu, whacha' gonna do?

  • Druid Noibn
    Message 1 of 37 , Aug 4, 2011
      Hi Matt,

      That was a part of the comedy - no help, and I am not a big guy.  The parts had to be lifted up to a deck about 5" 8" - then lower through a hatch to a staircase to the basement.  Not a recommended procedure - if we sell the house, it comes with the mill/drill <smile>.  Yes, I do have and needed to use an engine lift, but I also used ramps, a "come-a-long," ropes, sundry brakets, car jacks (hydraulic and scissor), a few drops of blood, a lot of sweat - no tears.

      The system was delivered by UPS (at the time they bought a trucking company toexpand freight handing & "UPS" wasn't on the trucks yet).  In any event, the guy back the truck right up to gararge and put it exactly where I wanted - very cooperative - I find most truckers to be very helpful and an appropriate gratuity given.

      Take care,
      DBN

      Message 37 of 37 , Aug 7, 2011
        On 08/07/2011 04:10 PM, CS Mo wrote:
        > Because of all the shavings, I went through several pumps before I put a filter on. I'm using a K&S automotive oil filter. You need to have a pretty large filter otherwise it clogs real fast.

        I've used automotive oil filters for industrial filtering with a few odd
        looks from managers but they worked great. I just had the company buy
        something like this that fit common filters:
        http://htsmall.automotion.com/assets/ppp/images/size/265x265/sku/P912282.jpg

        tel: +1 408 356-3886, USA toll free: 1 866 356-3886
        Skype: jerrydurand