Grizzly mill, model G0720. Is the 2.56" quill durable? (Compared 3" quill?)

  • tom
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2011
      Hi everyone,

      Just wondering if anyone knows the duty limits and durability of the Grizzly bench mill model# G0720 which is an RF-45 clone?

      The one reservation I have with this mill is the 2.56" quill.
      The usual quill size is 3 inches found on both the RF-31 and RF-45 mills.

      I'm worried the 2.56 inch quill is nothing more than big drill press quill not having the load capability of standard bench mills.

      Any thoughts?

      Thanks,
      Tom