Machining Sculptures...

  • donb@donb.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 2, 2011

      I just came across this on the net - For those of us constantly looking for inspiration and new challenges, take a look at this person's work:

      http://www.chrisbathgate.com/

      -Don B.

    • Rick Sparber
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2, 2011

        Don,

        This is great art! I wish the artist well.

        Thanks,

        Rick

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 2, 2011
          Hi Don,

          Nice craftsmanship - Thanks for the link!

          The work reminds me of the fellow who machines a fully articulated human (small size) - forgive my memory as I don't recll the artist by name; but the work was beyond belief.  I recall that he also builds the models to order (not for the budget minded).

          We should not be suprised to see these works of art in one or more of the SciFi films - probably already have.

          Kind regards,
          DBN

          I just came across this on the net - For those of us constantly looking for inspiration and new challenges, take a look at this person's work:
          -Don B.

        • Malcolm Parker-Lisberg
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 2, 2011
            I wonder if he makes more money that us for machined parts like that !!!!!

            Malcolm

            I just came across this on the net - For those of us constantly looking for inspiration and new challenges, take a look at this person's work:

            http://www.chrisbathgate.com/

            -Don B.

          • Paul Alciatore
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 3, 2011
              Well over 200 hours on one piece.  He didn't mention multiple copies so he would have to ask $10K or more to make a decent living at it.  Who would pay that?  He probably has a government grant.  Us taxpayers would.

              Paul A.

              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 3, 2011
                Don't be such a cynic. I've met plenty of greedy bastards in my life, and not a
                one of them started out saying, "My nefarious plan begins with sculpture..."

                If you look closely at his site, A) he mentions that he has a day job, B) he
                does mention multiple copies, and C) it's abundantly clear that he'd do this
                whether or not someone bought it. Also, he built a lot of his own CNC. Pretty
                flippin' cool, if you ask me.

                --William

                --
                William Abernathy