Re: [mill_drill] Lathemaster products

  • Owen Lloyd
    Message 1 of 6 , May 29, 2002
      Phil,
      I took a look at the lathemaster.com site and sure enough my unit is no
      longer listed. After looking at the 7045 I can see why. It is a very nice
      looking unit. I notice a hand crank on the lower left which would indicate
      there is no power assist on this unit. Send Robert an email and ask. He has
      always answered my emails quite quickly.
      As a quality comparison. I'll let you know that the lever knobs [black] are
      plastic as are the hand wheels. The dials are steel. The table locks
      [visible on the front of the unit] will snag on the ways as you move the X
      axis towards the machine if not positioned accordingly. When selecting
      gears you need to be accurate to avoid false neutrals [motorcycle term --
      sorry I am a racer after all ....... ] the provided chuck is average quality
      and works fine for basic drilling.
      good luck and happy shopping.
      Owen