Re: [mill_drill] Quill "slop" or play

  • Brian Worth
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 6, 2010
      Hi, to this end I experimented with Delrin locking blocks instead of the steel ones when I was using a boring head on a deep hole. It certainly helped as I could keep the lock lightly engaged and the delrin does not score or gall on the spindle. It doesn't help when really needing to lock the quill, as the Delrin slides a lot easier than the steel, so I revert to the steel ones when a solid lock is needed.

      Regards,

      Brian