Re: [mill_drill] 4x6 Horizontal/Vertical Band Saw

  • Corey Renner
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2010
      I had a similar problem.  I was given a broken Wilton 5x7 bandsaw, it looks just like the HF 4x6 saw, but is larger, takes a slightly longer blade and has coolant and a hydraulic downfeed.  It also sells for $900 instead of $150.  The gears were missing, but had clearly been destroyed since the gearbox was filled with big chunks of brass.  Wilton does not carry replacement parts for this saw.  I owned a HF 4x6, so I opened the gearbox and started comparing.  They looked the same, but I couldn't be sure because the gears weren't in the wilton.  I took a chance and ordered replacement gears and bearings from HF.  I think it cost about $20 total.  They arrived in 2 weeks and fit perfectly.  The saw has been working for me for about 5 years now.

      I suspect that if the Wilton 5x7 saw which has several differences from the generic HF 4x6 uses the same gears, then yours probably does too.  I'd buy both gears and replace the set, they are dirt-cheap.

      HTH,

      On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 8:08 AM, jfrxbd <superglide96@...> wrote:

      I have this small G5012W Horizontal/Vertical Band Saw like the small Enco/Jet/Grizzly/Harbor Freight saws.

      http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p315/96FXD/Lathe/SawFull780.jpg

      I need this 23 tooth Worm Gear

      http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p315/96FXD/Lathe/Gear780.jpg

      These manuals all show similar but different gears and I'm unable to tell how many teeth the gears have.
      Can any of you with one of these type saws (some of the larger saws seem to have the same gear box set up) tell me if it has a 23 tooth gear.

      Enco
      http://www.use-enco.com/Machinery/505-6840.pdf

      Jet
      http://content.wmhtoolgroup.com/manuals/414458_man.pdf