Few more quick questions and looking for parts

  • K
    Message 1 of 3 , May 3, 2010
      Where is a good place to get Rong Fu parts. I've tried to contact Enco but every time I have talked to a customer service rep they have no idea about parts, or the availability.
      I tried to get some things from Jet, but some parts do not fit as well even though they are close.

      I would like to find a good set of DRO's. The mills that come out from most places that supply them for the industry I am in are equipped with Anilam Wizard 411. I would like to find a used set, or something that will work just as good.

      What I would need:

      New Table Handles - mine are worn out, or at least the handle ends.

      Handle Indicator Dials - I got 2 from Jet, but they don't seem to fit very well, and spin. I've sanded the insides some to help out, but as the table moves, the dials seem to get pinched against the clutch and the table and bind.

      Depth stop threaded rod, and red arrow plate - my rod is bent and mangled up

      The table is not very responsive to the table handles. It seems to have more than normal spin/play before the table moves. I've tried to tighten the screws for this, but no help and too tight with the screw and the handle doesn't turn at all.

      I thought it would be a nice project to try to refurbish this somewhat used milling machine, but every step of the way has been more and more $$$$$$$$$.
    • Snag
      Message 2 of 3 , May 3, 2010
        K <kwagner1977@...> wrote:
        > Where is a good place to get Rong Fu parts. I've tried to contact
        > Enco but every time I have talked to a customer service rep they have
        > no idea about parts, or the availability.
        > I tried to get some things from Jet, but some parts do not fit as
        > well even though they are close.
        >

        > I would like to find a good set of DRO's. The mills that come out
        > from most places that supply them for the industry I am in are
        > equipped with Anilam Wizard 411. I would like to find a used set, or
        > something that will work just as good.

        I recently purchased and built a Shumatech DRO 350 , check out the specs
        at the shumatech website . I'm into it less than 4 bills including scales .
        This is my first DRO , and I like ! Good soldering skills are needed for
        this one . There is also a DRO 550 , but they are currently not available .
        More info on that on the website too .

        > What I would need:
        >
        > New Table Handles - mine are worn out, or at least the handle ends.

        If it's just the sleeve part on the handwheel , make some new ones !

        > Handle Indicator Dials - I got 2 from Jet, but they don't seem to fit
        > very well, and spin. I've sanded the insides some to help out, but
        > as the table moves, the dials seem to get pinched against the clutch
        > and the table and bind.
        >
        > Depth stop threaded rod, and red arrow plate - my rod is bent and
        > mangled up

        You won't be needing it once you've installed a DRO ...

        > The table is not very responsive to the table handles. It seems to
        > have more than normal spin/play before the table moves. I've tried
        > to tighten the screws for this, but no help and too tight with the
        > screw and the handle doesn't turn at all.

        Have you adjusted the screw in the leadscrew nuts ? These are split nuts
        and can be adjusted to decrease backlash . It's also possible that the nuts
        are loose from their mount ...

        > I thought it would be a nice project to try to refurbish this
        > somewhat used milling machine, but every step of the way has been
        > more and more $$$$$$$$$.

        Do you also have a lathe ? With these two machines you can build and/or
        refurbish almost anything ... a lot cheaper than purchasing in many cases .

        Snag
        I do a lot of
        motorcycle stuff .
      • theotherchris42
        Message 3 of 3 , May 4, 2010
          You might also try Grizzly for parts. Figure out which model of their machines corresponds to yours. Not all parts are interchangeable though.

          As for the unresponsive table, try adjusting the backlash nut under the table.

          I bought a SINPO 3 axis DRO off the Bay of Evil for my mill/drill a year ago. They're currently offered for $495 delivered with a 2 axis unit for $100 less. I am VERY HAPPY with mine. (Though the chinglish translation of the manual is mushugina.) Just do a search for "SINPO" and you will find them.

          TheOtherChris