Re: [mill_drill] Battery For SMW Precison DRO Scale

  • david@fignoggle - IMAP
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 30, 2010
      sometimes you can also find them at your local dollar store. we have a
      little shop nearby that sells these by the card full as well for almost
      nothing. definitely cheaper than buying them at walgreens/rite-aid at
      $5/each.

      Spindle Lock for your Rong-Fu 45, Lathemaster, Sieg X3 <http://www.spindle-lock.com>
      CNC, Plans/Kits, 8x12 Lathe, Mini-Mill, How-Tos <http://www.fignoggle.com>
      Sieg X3/Super X3 Mill Information, HF/Enco Coupons <http://www.superx3.com>

      Mike Nicewonger wrote:

      > Don't know if this helps or not but Horrible Fright sells those LR44
      > batteries by the card full. Can't get you a price or item number as
      > the H-F website search tool is b0rken.
      >
      > On Apr 30, 2010, at 5:18 PM, Paul wrote:
      >
      > > http://www.shumatech.com/support/chinese_scales.htm
      > <http://www.shumatech.com/support/chinese_scales.htm>
      > > May be of help.
      > > Cheers
      > > Baldrocker
      >
      > --
      > Mike N
      >
      > So if I eat sardines does that mean I have baited breath?
      >

      > --
      > believed to be clean.
    • Ed Jordan
      Message 2 of 10 , May 1, 2010
        >Can you tell me who the E-bay seller is?
        To date I have been unable to find batteries that cheap.<

        If you search for "LR44 battery" in the general search on eBay, it will turn up 2,000 or so different offers for them. Don't worry if they are sent from Hong Kong, they get here quick and in good shape. At least, that's been my experience.

        Ed Jordan,
        Lunenburg NS.
      • nordhs
        Message 3 of 10 , May 1, 2010
          Keep in mind that there are two types of batteries LR44 and SR44. Both work in most applications but the SR is make with silver and lasts much longer. Almost all the deals on battteries are the LR.
          -Steve

          --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, Mike Nicewonger <twmaster@...> wrote:

          > Don't know if this helps or not but Horrible Fright sells those LR44
          > batteries by the card full. Can't get you a price or item number as
          > the H-F website search tool is b0rken.
          >
          > On Apr 30, 2010, at 5:18 PM, Paul wrote:
          >
          > > http://www.shumatech.com/support/chinese_scales.htm
          > > May be of help.
          > > Cheers
          > > Baldrocker
          >
          > --
          > Mike N
          >
          > So if I eat sardines does that mean I have baited breath?

        • klondike1944
          Message 4 of 10 , May 1, 2010
            I second that. You want the SR44 batteries. If you don't want to order on eBay, HF stores have the SR44 #40127 single pack for $1. The SR44's last 10 to 1 over the LR44's.
            Regards, Al

            --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "nordhs" <snordha1@...> wrote:

            > Keep in mind that there are two types of batteries LR44 and SR44. Both work in most applications but the SR is make with silver and lasts much longer. Almost all the deals on battteries are the LR.
            > -Steve
            >
            > --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, Mike Nicewonger <twmaster@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Don't know if this helps or not but Horrible Fright sells those LR44
            > > batteries by the card full. Can't get you a price or item number as
            > > the H-F website search tool is b0rken.
            > >
            > > On Apr 30, 2010, at 5:18 PM, Paul wrote:
            > >
            > > > http://www.shumatech.com/support/chinese_scales.htm
            > > > May be of help.
            > > > Cheers
            > > > Baldrocker
            > >
            > > --
            > > Mike N
            > >
            > > So if I eat sardines does that mean I have baited breath?

          • roylpopecharternet
            Message 5 of 10 , May 2, 2010
              Ed,
              I ordered a 20 pack of silver oxide SR44's off E-bay.
              My "thanks" for the tip regarding E-bay batteries.

              Steve/Al,
              You are correct. The silver oxide batteries are much better.

              Thanks to all. I appreciate your help.

              Roy