Re: link

  • theotherchris42
    Message 1 of 51 , Mar 3, 2010
      I looked at the Shumatech, but was a little put off by home assembly. I can arec weld, gas weld and torch solder, but I can't solder electronics worth a darn.
      The unit I got is a SINPO from the bay of evil.
      Full size display with 1" digits, glass scales and armored cables. $500 delivered.

      --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "Snag" <snag_one@...> wrote:

      > theotherchris42 <theotherchris42@...> wrote:
      > > Yep.
      > > And the things mentioned in this thread are precisely why I went with
      > > a 3-axis DRO instead of just 2-axis. When I realized that I could get
      > > a nice 3-axis DRO for $500 I decided I was done messing with the
      > > quirks of chinese hand wheels and vernier dials.
      > >
      > > TheOtherChris
      >
      > Shumatech ? I went with the DRO 350 , got well under 400 bucks into it
      > including scales and I'm happy as a Murff .
      >

      > Snag

    • curt wuollet
      Message 51 of 51 , Mar 5, 2010
        Well, except for the surface mount bit
        which is a PITA for repairs, that was
        a good move. I'm sure you remember when
        electronic gear had a lot more sockets
        and connections. Which is mostly why
        gear has gotten more reliable. I'm
        designing an Open PLC at the moment,
        sigh, it might be my last through hole
        board design. Getting hard to get dips.
        If you're interested, check out control.com
        and the Open PLC Hardware thread. We haven't
        moved it to SourceForge or the like yet.

        Regards

        cww