Re: [mill_drill] Re: Noob with Enco? question

  • ken lyons
    Message 1 of 22 , Nov 8, 2009
      Thank you Ed for the manual indeed. I'm hoping that I can get the mill 'standing tall' by Thanksgiving, and all the help is much appreciated. :)

      Ken

      Message 2 of 22 , Nov 8, 2009
        Thank you for the manual too, Art. I have to say that this is a very friendly group to be in,
        especially for noobs like me.

        Ken

        Thank you, I would like that. I looked but I couldn't find a manual on the web.

        Ken

        I haven't had my RF31 for a number of years, but if I recall correctly, I believe it had a 4-1/2"dia column.  If this machine has a 3-5/8" dia column, I think we are talking about its little brother, an RF25 class machine.  What is the spindle travel?  That was another big difference between these two machines.
        cheers,
        On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 6:43 PM, Art Eckstein < art.eckstein@ wirelesshometown .com> wrote:

        Ken,
        OK, from what I have seen over the years, the clue is the "metal" cover!  It "may be" an RF 30 variety.

      • leasingham_connelly
        Message 3 of 22 , Nov 9, 2009
          It may be in the drillmill group as they are orientated towards the smaller mills. Join this group and search their files and messages as well.

          Martin

          --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, ken lyons <ohmwiz@...> wrote:

          > Thank you, I would like that. I looked but I couldn't find a manual on the web.
          > Ken
          >
          > --- On Fri, 11/6/09, Art Eckstein <art.eckstein@...> wrote:
          >

          > Ken,
          >
          > I just searched my stock of manuals and find the RF 20/25 appears to be
          > the same in the picture in the manual and of you photo!
          >

          > They list the "spindle stroke" as 4" so it could be the
          > machine.
          >

          > Be happy to send you the pdf file if you would like it.
          >

          > Country Bubba
        • tmc_31
          Message 4 of 22 , Nov 15, 2009
            That handwheel is not missing, that's where the power feed goes:-)

            Tim

            --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, Corey Renner <vandal968@...> wrote:

            > I'm pretty sure that it's an RF25, here is a site with good pics and specs
            > for the RF25 machines.
            >
            > http://www.finelinehair.com/home/Rong%20Fu%20RF-25%20Mill.htm
            >
            > Grizzly is an excellent source for parts, and fortunately, they have an RF25
            > class machine that may be compatible with your Mill. I buy all of my Enco
            > mill parts from Grizzly since they have a better parts selection and better
            > service.
            >
            > http://www.grizzly.com/products/Mill-Drill-Milling-Machine-25/G1005Z
            >
            > cheers,
            >
            > On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 9:55 AM, Dan Mauch <dmauch@...> wrote:
            >

            > > Enco has parts manual on theuir web site as I recall. It's probably a RF31
            > > Dan Mauch

          • ken lyons
            Message 5 of 22 , Nov 15, 2009
              I figured that out when I saw a 'tricked out' 25 on the web. :)

              Ken