Re: [mill_drill] Tramming a mill - update

  • Glenn N
    Message 1 of 102 , Sep 30, 2009
      Rick,

      It has been a long time since I purchased the stuff and I did an internet
      search for it and came up empty so it is perhaps no longer considered a
      viable option in the automotive repair world?? I know that the machinists
      didn't like it to be used as they would rather grind the crank a full size
      under and use oversized bearing inserts. I have some here that is .005" in
      the middle and .0025 on the edge.
      Looks like it may have entered the realm of unobtainium now though??

      Glenn
      Message 102 of 102 , Oct 12, 2009
        I just realized that my column bottom to base test was done with only one
        bolt tight on the back side. My back left bolt is not installed. So maybe
        with both bolts in place the flexure would be 0.5 thou rather than 1 thou.
        It doesn't change the conclusion, just the magnitude.