Re: [mill_drill] Digest Number 3141

  • Robert Hansberger
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 9, 2009
      Re: The Magazine one shot oil lube article. Part of involved milling oil grooves that spread the oil on the way. Then tubing from the Pump was run to holes drilled to deliver oil to the grooves. I got that far  and put it back together. I used my pump oiler and it make a real difference. I suppose someday I buy a one shot pump and plumb it up.  btw Way I have the article somewhere, but can't lay my hands on right now.
      Bob
      From: jfrxbd <superglide96@ sbcglobal. net>
      Subject: [mill_drill] I'm having fun now
      To: mill_drill@yahoogro ups.com
      Date: Thursday, July 9, 2009, 12:02 AM

      Harbor Freight Shawnee, KS
      I paid cash for a HF Drill Mill and stand on 6/14/09 and was told 10-14 days delivery.
      On Sunday 7/5/09 twenty one days later they call and say it will now be the first part or middle of August before delivery, that could be another 26 to 39 days if my sifern is correct.
      Monday 7/6/09 I emailed the Harbor Freight site on line store and asked if I purchase items 33686 (MILL) and item 47599 (Stand) when can I expect delivery, they replied 10-14 days.
      I replied good to hear now call the Shawnee KS store and let them know where to find these items, they replied sorry we don't communicate with our retail stores.
      ???????

      2d.

      Re: I'm having fun now

      Posted by: "Alex Fraser" beatnic@...   y_beatnic

      Thu Jul 9, 2009 7:23 am (PDT)

      I have noticed some bumps in China US trade. They don't
      allow the RMB (Chinese money) to float like other currencies, but
      they do adjust it's value compared to the dollar. Say 10 years
      ago when the exchange rate was real favorable and things were
      stable exchange wise then the import companies could order goods
      and carry an inventory with little risk. I have noticed that
      these days there is a lot of back ordering as companies react to
      the adjustments in the exchange rates and they react to slow
      sales due to the recession in this country.

      I have had post cards from Grizzly telling me they don't know
      when my orders will arrive or postponing delivery dates. I just
      put an order in at Enco and hope I don't run into these problems
      there too. ON ebay I only buy when they have a fixed number of
      items in stock.

      Perhaps a group buy would be in order. I won't organize it
      as I have a M/D already, but folks might think about it. If you
      could reduce the risk to the importer with say 5 machines
      purchased, then you might be able to lock in a good exchange rate
      and assured delivery time. As for a cheaper price on a bulk buy
      I don't think it would get you anywhere except lower quality.

      Druid Noibn wrote:
[...]

      No electrons were harmed in the creation of this message
      ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------
      ~~~********* ********* **Alex Fraser****** ********* *****~~~
      ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------
      [[[[[[~~^^^# ___=>>>`` `/\/\**O* */\/\```< <<=___#^^ ^~~]]]]]]
      3a.

      Re: ENCO Free shipping

      Posted by: "Chadwick E. Labno" clab@...   hydrochad

      Wed Jul 8, 2009 9:35 pm (PDT)

      Just an update, WEBJF9 worked today - well, Ok, yesterday
      chad

      druid_noibn wrote:
      Hi All,

      ENCO has two offers good for the Summer - see below:

      o Get Free UPS Standard Ground Shipping* on your order of
      $25 or more throughout the summer. Use Promo Code: WEBJF9. Offer
      expires 08/31/09.
      o Free Shipping on Select Machines on pages 52-63 in the
      June issue of HOTdeals.

      AND

      o Get Free UPS Standard Ground Shipping* on your order of
      $99 or more throughout the summer. Use Promo Code: ESP689. Offer
      expires 08/31/09.
      o Free Shipping on Select Machines on pages 52-63 in the
      June issue of HOTdeals.

      Take care,
      DBN

      Recent Activity