Re: [mill_drill] Buyer beware

  • Terry Coombs
    Message 1 of 31 , Apr 4, 2009
      Bill P wrote:
      > Cliff.... how about an ebay number so we KNOW what to stay away from.
      > Bill

      Really ,I went kinda lookin' , didn't see a machine that listed those
      specs .

      > Cliff. Johnston wrote:
      >>
      >> Someone is offering an RF 45 milling machine clone on eBay at what
      >> looks to be a very attractive price, delivered too no less; however,
      >> when one scrolls down through all of the boiler plate and B.S. one
      >> finds tucked away in the middle of some specs. the rpm - only 1,250 -
      >> pathetically slow. I hope that no one gets sucked into buying this
      >> piece of iron.
      >>
      >> Cliff. Johnston

      Snag
      every answer
      leads to another
      question
    • Lloyd Smith
      Message 31 of 31 , Apr 6, 2009
        I was referring to the files section.  If this thing sees heavy utilization, it could quickly eat up the remaining space.  The file section is using 27% of the 100 MB of space at this time.  Hopefully the sale posts will rotate through quick enough that individual ads will not tie up space for too long.

        On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 6:29 AM, Malcolm Parker-Lisberg <mparkerlisberg@...> wrote:

        Lloyd wrote

        "Just keep the pictures to a reasonable size and resolution so we don't use all our storage space on
        yahoo"

        If you look at the photos page you will find we have used very little of the 100GB that is available, so even if the photos are 6MB RAW, that's an awful lot of photos.

        .

        --
        If we don't try, we don't do.  And if we don't do, then why are we on this earth?
        Jimmy Stewart, "Shenandoah"