Fw: [mill_drill] Re: mill/drill ( RF45 ) Gib adj Q's and such

  • Bill Mader
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 21, 2008
      You can get large washers from any snow plow  company such as meyers or western. They use them on the shoes of the plow. Just a idea. Bill
      From: Chris <chris2003@shaw. ca>
      To: mill_drill@yahoogro ups.com
      Date: Saturday, December 20, 2008, 9:22 PM

      Aha here comes my mentor, Good old Walter.

      Thanks for checking over my pictures and current dilemma.
      That hole saw idea is great, actually eluded my thoughts UNTIL you mentioned it.

      No lathe, so torch plasma and or hole saw is what I got to work with now, Could do with a rotary table, but don't have that, Could use my boring head, but the hole saw sounds ideal for now.

      I will try that first, 1/4" plate if I can manage to cut it.......... If that solves my jiggling problems I will leave it at at ( I hope it does ), But I wont get my hopes up, simply because there is so much difference that I need to make up for, the cement drops considerably from front to back to make it level, 1/2" Id say, maybe more.

      I don't know if I understood your plate suggestion correctly, are you saying take a 1/2" plate the width and length of my stand ( the bottom side ) and pop my studs through it into my stand then tighten every thing down?

      Sorry, Didn't catch that.
      In the end, if that large 1/4" washer works then GREAT, if not I will yank that POS stand out and start fresh.
      1/2" wall HSS 4"x4" and 1/2" plate....... ...That sucker will hit 300 lbs easy! Id like to see that damn stand with mill jiggle.

      Thanks Walter,young brains such as my self look up to you old timers -hehe
      Christian