Re: Tramming/scraping (was My RF30 is supposed to arrive tomorrow ...)

  • SMITH, THOMAS B. (JSC-DX) (NASA)
    Message 1 of 1 , May 7, 2001
      Ballendo,

      Thanks for the clarification! That makes sense now. I also look forward to
      your plans for the colum/head modifications.

      Tom

      Message: 2
      Date: Sun, 06 May 2001 00:46:23 -0000
      From: ballendo@...
      Subject: Re: Tramming/scraping (was My RF30 is supposed to arrive
      tomorrow...)

      Tom,

      Scraping is the controlled removal of metal to make a surface fit a
      certain spec. Steve R was talking about scraping the junction of the
      base and column, I believe. Rather than adding shims, you change(by
      scraping) the mating surfaces 'til they create a "trammed" machine.