DRO for IH mill

  • pjamesanderson
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 2, 2008
      Can anybody recommend an inexpensive 3 axis dro for the industrial
      hobbies mill from experience? Thanx
    • rgsparber@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 2008
        Shumatech DRO (http://shumatech.com/) or YADRO
        (http://www.yadro.de/dro/diy.html)

        I own the Shumatech.

        Rick Sparber
        rgsparber@...
        web site: http://rick.sparber.org

        In a message dated 11/2/2008 5:06:15 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
        kiramunch@... writes:

        Can anybody recommend an inexpensive 3 axis dro for the industrial
        hobbies mill from experience? Thanx
        **************Plan your next getaway with AOL Travel. Check out Today's Hot
        5 Travel Deals!
      • j. eric townsend
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 20, 2008
          Rick,

          I'm just about to build the Shuma for my IH -- could you enlighten us as
          to which scales you used and why? My time/money ratio is such right now
          that I'm on the edge of just buying the Jenix scales and not trying to
          hack the import calipers.

          thx,
          --jet

          rgsparber@... wrote:
          > Shumatech DRO (http://shumatech.com/) or YADRO
          > (http://www.yadro.de/dro/diy.html)
          >
          > I own the Shumatech.
          >
          > Rick Sparber
          > rgsparber@...
          > web site: http://rick.sparber.org
          >
          > In a message dated 11/2/2008 5:06:15 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
          > kiramunch@... writes:
          >
          > Can anybody recommend an inexpensive 3 axis dro for the industrial
          > hobbies mill from experience? Thanx
          > **************Plan your next getaway with AOL Travel. Check out Today's Hot
          > 5 Travel Deals!
          > (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1212416248x1200771803/aol?redir=http://travel.aol.com/discount-travel?ncid=emlcntustrav00000001)

          J. Eric "jet" Townsend, CMU Master of Tangible Interaction Design '09

          design: www.allartburns.org; hacking: www.flatline.net; HF: KG6ZVQ
          PGP: 0xD0D8C2E8 AC9B 0A23 C61A 1B4A 27C5 F799 A681 3C11 D0D8 C2E8
        • Michael Parrish
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 20, 2008
            j.e
            I can'tfind these on JTS's online site but they have worked for me.

            --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "j. eric townsend" <jet@...> wrote:

            > Rick,
            >
            > I'm just about to build the Shuma for my IH -- could you enlighten
            us as
            > to which scales you used and why? My time/money ratio is such right
            now
            > that I'm on the edge of just buying the Jenix scales and not trying to
            > hack the import calipers.
            >
            > thx,
            > --jet
            >

            > rgsparber@... wrote:
            > > Shumatech DRO (http://shumatech.com/) or YADRO
            > > (http://www.yadro.de/dro/diy.html)
            > >
            > > I own the Shumatech.
            > >
            > > Rick Sparber
            > > rgsparber@...
            > > web site: http://rick.sparber.org
            > >
            > > In a message dated 11/2/2008 5:06:15 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
            > > kiramunch@... writes:
            > >
            > > Can anybody recommend an inexpensive 3 axis dro for the industrial
            > > hobbies mill from experience? Thanx
            > > **************Plan your next getaway with AOL Travel. Check out
            Today's Hot
            > > 5 Travel Deals!

            > --
            > J. Eric "jet" Townsend, CMU Master of Tangible Interaction Design '09
            >
            > design: www.allartburns.org; hacking: www.flatline.net; HF: KG6ZVQ
            > PGP: 0xD0D8C2E8 AC9B 0A23 C61A 1B4A 27C5 F799 A681 3C11 D0D8 C2E8

          • Jerry Kimberlin
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 20, 2008
              j. eric townsend wrote:
              > Rick,
              >
              > I'm just about to build the Shuma for my IH -- could you enlighten us as
              > to which scales you used and why? My time/money ratio is such right now
              > that I'm on the edge of just buying the Jenix scales and not trying to
              > hack the import calipers.

              I'd get the Jenix and not worry about the Chinese type.
              Actually, there is a third alternative and that is to use
              the US Digital mylar scales and a HEDS encoder. This is
              what I did a long time ago and am just as happy. Jenix
              wasn't available then, though, and I would have used the
              Jenix glass scales if I coudda...

              JerryK