Oil for my rf45 clone

  • lwdelgadillomec
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 25, 2008
      Saludos.
      Same question, please which is better an Omala 100 or a Tellus 68 both
      are from shell.
      These are the only choices a have.
      Thanks for answering.
    • Jerry Kimberlin
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 25, 2008
        lwdelgadillomec wrote:

        > Saludos.
        > Same question, please which is better an Omala 100 or a Tellus 68 both
        > are from shell.
        > These are the only choices a have.
        > Thanks for answering.

        Tellus is hydraulic oil. I wouldn't think it suitable for gears. The
        Omala is a gear oil, specifically. Too bad you can't get Omala 68.

        I think most of us use Mobil DTE 68. That is the viscosity is 68
        centistokes. Mobil part number 98669N. If you go to the Enco site,
        look up #325-5922. Your Shell dealer should have a cross reference to
        the Mobil product but I think it will be Omala 68.

        http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRHM

        Regards,

        JerryK
      • ron Pat
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 25, 2008
          If you have a Tractor Supply store any where close they have it and just about any oil/grease, ect. you need.

          > > Same question, please which is better an Omala 100 or
          > a Tellus 68 both
          > > are from shell.
          > > These are the only choices a have.
          > > Thanks for answering.
          >
          > Tellus is hydraulic oil. I wouldn't think it suitable
          > for gears. The
          > Omala is a gear oil, specifically. Too bad you can't
          > get Omala 68.
          >
          > I think most of us use Mobil DTE 68. That is the viscosity
          > is 68
          > centistokes. Mobil part number 98669N. If you go to the
          > Enco site,
          > look up #325-5922. Your Shell dealer should have a cross
          > reference to
          > the Mobil product but I think it will be Omala 68.
          >
          > http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRHM
          >
          > Regards,
          >
          > JerryK

        • kidharris
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 3, 2008
            ISO-68 = SAE 20W - use above 55 degree F.
            ISO-100 = SAE 30W - use below 55 degree F.
            synthetic or mineral oil prefered, but can use non detergent.

            From all the discussions I have read and the net research I have done,
            I believe that this is a good rule of thumb. I decided to use Mobile 1
            because I can buy it at any auto store and use it on everything - air
            compressor, mill, lathe, ect. Have I arrived at the correct
            conclusion? only time will tell.

            Does Tractor Supply have way oil?