Spindle removal on a mill drill, "Home shop Machinist"

  • Gerald Derstine`
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 31, 2008
      Hello fellow mill drill owners.

      In my ever growing stack of Home shop machisist magazines, there is an
      artical on removing the apindle from a mill drill. I'm hoping that
      someone in this group can steer me to the month and year, and maybe the
      cover picture. Saving me the time and trouble of sorting through the
      mess on my side of the bed. My wife would be only to happy to help.
      Help get rid of them, of course. I keep telling her "at least their
      not Porn, just good old whole some machinist mags." Thank for the help
      guys, I learned a lot from reading the posts.

      Jerry
      Souderton Pa.
    • Phil Teague
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1 9:33 AM
        "Replacing quill bearings", Marsh Collins, Nov/Dec, 2001, p. 52-54

        I used the HSM index. Searched by subject under "repairs".

        --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "Gerald Derstine`"
        <derstine2002@...> wrote:

        > Hello fellow mill drill owners.
        >
        > In my ever growing stack of Home shop machisist magazines, there is an
        > artical on removing the apindle from a mill drill. I'm hoping that
        > someone in this group can steer me to the month and year, and maybe the
        > cover picture. Saving me the time and trouble of sorting through the
        > mess on my side of the bed. My wife would be only to happy to help.
        > Help get rid of them, of course. I keep telling her "at least their
        > not Porn, just good old whole some machinist mags." Thank for the help
        > guys, I learned a lot from reading the posts.
        >
        > Jerry
        > Souderton Pa.

      • Gerald Derstine`
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1 2:09 PM
          Thanks for that info.

          Jerry

          --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "Phil Teague" <philteague@...>

        • chue2k@tx.rr.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 2 12:14 PM
            Fignoggle has a great how too.

            http://www.fignoggle.com/machines/round-column-mill-drills/round-column-mill-drill-spindle-quill-removal-procedure.htm

            ---- Gerald Derstine` <derstine2002@...> wrote:
            > Thanks for that info.
            >
            > Jerry
            >

            > --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "Phil Teague" <philteague@...>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > "Replacing quill bearings", Marsh Collins, Nov/Dec, 2001, p. 52-54
            > >
            > > I used the HSM index. Searched by subject under "repairs".
            > >
            > > --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "Gerald Derstine`"
            > > <derstine2002@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hello fellow mill drill owners.
            > > >
            > > > In my ever growing stack of Home shop machisist magazines, there
            > is an
            > > > artical on removing the apindle from a mill drill. I'm hoping
            > that
            > > > someone in this group can steer me to the month and year, and
            > maybe the
            > > > cover picture. Saving me the time and trouble of sorting
            > through the
            > > > mess on my side of the bed. My wife would be only to happy to
            > help.
            > > > Help get rid of them, of course. I keep telling her "at least
            > their
            > > > not Porn, just good old whole some machinist mags." Thank for
            > the help
            > > > guys, I learned a lot from reading the posts.
            > > >
            > > > Jerry
            > > > Souderton Pa.

          • lkasdorf
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 2 1:34 PM
              --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, <chue2k@...> wrote:

              > Fignoggle has a great how too.

              That is a good how-to, EXCEPT- in my case, they were wrong about the
              spindle pulley nut being left-handed. On my RF-25 (which I have
              rebuild completely and is for sale, hint, hint) the big nut was a
              normal right-hand thread.

              So, beware.