Re: Free Shipping on 20" Square Column at Enco

  • Tim
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 29, 2008
      --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "wildhairoldone"
      <wildhairoldone@...> wrote:

      > Enco is offering free shipping on a number of their machines
      Not only that, but their RF-45 mills are on sale WITH free shipping.
      $300 off the Enco and Rong Fu version, $350-500 off the versions with
      the stand.

      Matter of fact, looks like almost all of their mills are on sale for
      about 15-17% off (albeit not with free shipping). And I was kicking
      myself for not taking advantage of their 15% off sale last month....
    • ekdadlec
      Message 2 of 5 , May 3, 2008
        This is a very tempting deal. I've been wanting to get a dovetail
        column mill for quite awhile now. Enco's is on sale now for $1495 with
        the free shipping. If I would have paid more attention to my email I
        would have been able to get an additional 10% off if I had order by
        May 2nd. I don't know if they allow the discounts on sale items but
        they didn't say that it wasn't allowed. I would have been able to get
        it for $1346 delivered. The $1495 sale price is good until June 30th
        so I have some time to decide. If I get another email offering a
        discount then I will definitely order the mill.
        Does anyone actually have one of these and has used it for awhile? I'm
        wondering what you think of the mill? The Enco model number is RW325-5184.

        Thanks,
        Ed

        --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "Tim" <tmarks11@...> wrote:

        > --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "wildhairoldone"
        > <wildhairoldone@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Enco is offering free shipping on a number of their machines
        > Not only that, but their RF-45 mills are on sale WITH free shipping.
        > $300 off the Enco and Rong Fu version, $350-500 off the versions with
        > the stand.
        >
        > Matter of fact, looks like almost all of their mills are on sale for
        > about 15-17% off (albeit not with free shipping). And I was kicking
        > myself for not taking advantage of their 15% off sale last month....

      • John Hansford
        Message 3 of 5 , May 3, 2008
          Yes, I just got one....and I Like it a Lot...:)

          I got 15% off mine a few weeks ago so the grand
          total with lift-gate was $1550. That was 15% off
          the sale price. Just be prepared for an extra
          few hundred added in someway...;)

          There are pictures in the photos section called
          "A new Enco Mill".

          The fit & finish was what I'd consider VERY Good.
          It worked Great out of the box. PITA to move, but went
          back together very well and easily.....WITH a
          small lift crane.

          I think it's the best deal out there. I did LOTS
          of homework. IF...I'd had an extra $1000...I'd
          have went with the Industrial Hobbies version
          for the longer travel and improved rigidity...but
          there's certainly nothing wrong with the Enco
          I just got. Not even a leak in the head, which
          appears to be somewhat common.

          I also wanted the Grizzly G0484...which may actually
          BE the BEST deal available....but if I understand
          it correctly...none are available until September.

          I'm Realllly happy with my Enco..:)

          John

          --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "ekdadlec" <ekadlec@...> wrote:

          > This is a very tempting deal. I've been wanting to get a dovetail
          > column mill for quite awhile now. Enco's is on sale now for $1495 with
          > the free shipping. If I would have paid more attention to my email I
          > would have been able to get an additional 10% off if I had order by
          > May 2nd. I don't know if they allow the discounts on sale items but
          > they didn't say that it wasn't allowed. I would have been able to get
          > it for $1346 delivered. The $1495 sale price is good until June 30th
          > so I have some time to decide. If I get another email offering a
          > discount then I will definitely order the mill.
          > Does anyone actually have one of these and has used it for awhile? I'm
          > wondering what you think of the mill? The Enco model number is
          RW325-5184.

          > Thanks,
          > Ed
          >

          > --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "Tim" <tmarks11@> wrote:
          > >
          > > --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "wildhairoldone"
          > > <wildhairoldone@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Enco is offering free shipping on a number of their machines
          > > Not only that, but their RF-45 mills are on sale WITH free shipping.
          > > $300 off the Enco and Rong Fu version, $350-500 off the versions with
          > > the stand.
          > >
          > > Matter of fact, looks like almost all of their mills are on sale for
          > > about 15-17% off (albeit not with free shipping). And I was kicking
          > > myself for not taking advantage of their 15% off sale last month....

        • fignoggle
          Message 4 of 5 , May 3, 2008
            hi ed-

            we have one and like it a lot. of course, grizzly ended up selling their
            version just months after we bought it...

            http://www.fignoggle.com/machines/rf45-dovetail-square-column-mill/index.htm

            it's a great mill with a few things you may end up having to fiddle with
            such as the depth of the locating screw for r8 collets in the quill,
            changing from the lowest gear into any other gear requires some doing,
            manually moving the head up and down can get tiring, etc...

            all in all, a great deal!
            hope this helps!
            david

            --