Looking for Enco Parts

  • cbb96
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 31, 2002
      I just bought a Enco Mill/Drill model 91JJ4. It was built in 1983 -
      never used!!
      The spur gear that raises and lowers the head is stripped and Enco no
      longer carries the parts. It is not like the newer modeles where the
      worm gear and spur rear are removable as an assembly with a cover
      plate and I was told they aren't interchangeable.
      Does anyone have any suggestions?

      Thanks,
      CBB
    • tew138
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2002
        You can try Machine Tool Direct at 800-875-2843. They carry some
        parts for mill/drills.

        Tom

        --- In mill_drill@y..., "cbb96" <lindalafreniere@a...> wrote:
        > I just bought a Enco Mill/Drill model 91JJ4. It was built in 1983 -
        > never used!!
        > The spur gear that raises and lowers the head is stripped and Enco
        no
        > longer carries the parts. It is not like the newer modeles where
        the
        > worm gear and spur rear are removable as an assembly with a cover
        > plate and I was told they aren't interchangeable.
        > Does anyone have any suggestions?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > CBB
      • cbb96
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 2, 2002
          Tom,

          Thanks! Unfortunetly I had already tried them with no luck. Does
          anyone else have a suggestion??

          CBB

          --- In mill_drill@y..., "tew138" <tew138@e...> wrote:
          > You can try Machine Tool Direct at 800-875-2843. They carry some
          > parts for mill/drills.
          >
          > Tom
          >
          > --- In mill_drill@y..., "cbb96" <lindalafreniere@a...> wrote:
          > > I just bought a Enco Mill/Drill model 91JJ4. It was built in
          1983 -
          > > never used!!
          > > The spur gear that raises and lowers the head is stripped and
          Enco
          > no
          > > longer carries the parts. It is not like the newer modeles where
          > the
          > > worm gear and spur rear are removable as an assembly with a cover
          > > plate and I was told they aren't interchangeable.
          > > Does anyone have any suggestions?
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > > CBB
        • Paul R. Hvidston
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 2, 2002
            Is it something you could do some forensics on and come up with a drawing
            for? Then you or a fellow machinist might be able to machine a replacement.
            That mechanism is certainly not high accuracy. It just has to be beefy,
            doesn't it? Probably not much help, but...

            Regards,

            Paul R. Hvidston, N6MGN
            ACKSYS Engineering
            Upland, CA