Re: Tachometer

  • n5kzw
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 1, 2008
      Leo, my concern about using a magnetic pickup is the weight of the
      magnet. It seems to me that you could be introducing an imbalance.
      OTOH, folks have been using them for decades.

      Regards,
      Ed

      --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "Leo and Olita" <leoblazer74@...>
      wrote:

      > Thanks for the tip, David. I am going to have to go out to the garage
      > and look at it. I cant even picture it right now. Even though I have
      > disassembled it a few times to make upgrades, I still cannot think
      > straight. Was up all last night with this bursitis of my hip.
      >
      > Even if I can, I dont know if I dont like the magnet tach better. It
      > is so small and compact. I can even glue the display right below the
      > potentiometer on the control box.
      >
      > The tachs from mkctools are nice, too. I really like the bright red
      > large dispay better.
      >
      > Decisions, decisions.
      >
      > Knowing me, I will probably end up getting both and trying both.

      <SNIP>
    • Leo and Olita
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 2, 2008
        The magnet is actuallu feahter-weight. They aare ultra light because
        they know that where ever they are mounted, they cannont disrupt the
        balance of whatever they are going on.