Re: zx7750

  • greg123452003
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 29, 2007
      --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "eugeneeman" <eugeneeman@...> wrote:

      > I am interested in buying a milling machine or mill drill. I saw a mill
      > drill called a zx7750cw. It was a knee type mill but seemed to have a
      > horizontal spindle built in as well. However the table looked really
      > very small. I suspect a rong fu 45 has a bigger work envelope. The
      > price is good and it also has a power feed. Any one know this machine?
      > I wasw hoping to get some feedback about it Kind regards Eugene

      I've got a similar mill tho in a geared rotating head version and a
      different brand. Mine was a good design tho poorly finished. The
      bearings in the geared head were hammered in place and needed
      replacing. The motor had no oil seal to stop gear oil entering. The
      horizontal spindles had no retention groove. Some brackets were poorly
      made, but for the price I paid, I couldn't get a bigger bang for the
      buck. All problems were easily corrected and I'm quite happy with it.
      Spindle tapers were ISO30 instead of R8 but it came with a good set of
      collets and 2MT and 3MT adaptors so that hasn't been a problem. Table
      size was 31 x 9 which is pretty good and it swivels which is a feature
      that I thought I'd never use but has come in handy. Be aware that they
      are HEAVY - about 1750 lbs.